PC or Console Gaming?

skai123

Reaction score
What do we have here? PC fanboys? and loads of them... LOL

pc gaming, dont need to buy a new console almost every 3 years and can repair computer more easily than having to send the console to the manufacturer because of video chip going bad, and also the fact that i play rts alot and they simply aren't meant for consoles

umm. generally consoles come out every ~5 years. for the exception of xbox > xbox360. which was 4 years, and ps2 > ps3 was 6 years...

Wouldn't you have to upgrade your computer at least once a year to have the best? the AMD/ATI 48x0 just came out ~$200+ and Nvidia's GTX2x0 ~$400+.
Next gen intel (Nehalem) CPU are also coming out soon (fall/winter) which you would also need a new motherboard, and uses DDR3...

The upgrades cost of computers is more than the costs of consoles.

Rarely have there been video chip going bad in consoles if any. And if it is going to die, it would probably within a few days, which you can return to the store you bought hassle free...

You also have games on consoles that will never come out for the PC.
Edit:

---------------------------
for me i would take both, lol

PS3, Wii + Computer

PS3 for Sony 1st, 2nd, 3rd party exclusive games.

Wii for nintendo exclusive and some (couple) of random games here and there that are good.

Since most if not all exclusive games on the 360 comes out for the PC...

Best of both words wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
I would choose PC if my computer wasn't horrendously slow. Seriously, I only have 256 MB of RAM!!
So I'm just sticking to my PS2 for now.

Last edited:

Code Phreak

Reaction score
Hmm... pros and cons...
I'd definitely choose pc's over consoles.
(as I see it)
Pro's for consoles :
lower upgrade price
larger sp games & larger maps in general
communal gatherings
Con's :
slow game support
frequent/unpredictable hardware glitches
expensive games
limited players
PC pro's :
cheaper (potentially free) games
larger player base (mmo's)
larger community
customizable opportunities (vent/TS/xFire, forums, private servers)
much faster game support (from players and developers)
emulators for console games are available
Con's :
higher upgrade cost (longer lasting upgrades)
more hardware required
no face-to-face community
high probability of meeting G.I.R.L.s (guy in real life)
difficult controls for racing/sports games unless using a joystick (or other device)

so yeah, that's my thoughts

mad4chan

Reaction score
I'm divided 50/50 between both. I'm mostly into racing/car games so I tend to buy those for the Xbox 360 because I like playing those on the tv sitting down on the couch. Though I do have GRID on both PC and 360 since it's that good of a game lol. I also really like playing FPS games like CoD4, Counter Strike Source, Team Fortress 2. Those I will only play on the PC because of the keyboard and mouse. When friends come over, we like to bust out the alcohol, and the Xbox 360. Consoles are way better when you have a group of friends since there are almost no multiplayer PC games where you can play on 1 screen.

tl;dr Both

skai123

Reaction score
Hmm... pros and cons...
I'd definitely choose pc's over consoles.
(as I see it)
Pro's for consoles :
lower upgrade price
larger sp games & larger maps in general
communal gatherings
Con's :
slow game support
frequent/unpredictable hardware glitches
expensive games
limited players
PC pro's :
cheaper (potentially free) games
larger player base (mmo's)
larger community
customizable opportunities (vent/TS/xFire, forums, private servers)
much faster game support (from players and developers)
emulators for console games are available
Con's :
higher upgrade cost (longer lasting upgrades)
more hardware required
no face-to-face community
high probability of meeting G.I.R.L.s (guy in real life)
difficult controls for racing/sports games unless using a joystick (or other device)

so yeah, that's my thoughts

I think the PC has more problems that you may in counter..

What you mean by limited players?

warlordste

Reaction score
PC i thinks more worth it all the time plus you can do other stuff than play the games

lunarAdmin

Reaction score
Umm I've been a fan for console games for I don't know how long but I think that really applies only to my generation as the newer generations 14-18 years of age are into computers more, games look better, play better, can use your own style of controller, online community is larger (most of the time) but I myself some good old FF3(FF6) and I'm great console wins for me

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think both have there place. Sometimes I wanna play on the PC, sometimes the console, both work for me.

Synoryth

Reaction score
I must say that PC has me. With consoles, they easily are replaced, and you need to spend another $2k every 3-4 years to get the new setups. With PC's, you can always just buy new hardware, pop it in, and boom. PC's aren't as limited at the consoles, and PC's give you more room to mess around with the games.

moreuse

Reaction score
FPS games On PC
RPG on Console :D

the reason i buy PS1 is because FF,
the reason i buy PS2 is because FF,
the reason i buy x360 is because Lost Odyssey, eternal sonata and IDOLM@STER

pc is the perfect platform for FPS :D
i love cod4

wolfy67

Reaction score
I prefer playing on the PC. I like the various RPGs the best (MMO, classic turn based, action, RTS like FF:Tactics) and RTS (Warcraft, Startcraft, AoM, etc) are a close second. I can find these genres of games for PC much easier than for console. I prefer the quality of these games on the PC better as well.

A few things I like better about the console, though:
* Some of my favorites like Final Fantasy (!!!!!) are there.
* A larger variety of games. I can pick up a few rentals to keep me occupied between new releases.
* Easier to develop for = more third party support. Among the PC devs there are only three to four companies that make amazing games. The rest just port stuff from consoles or make Gem Drop stuff.
* One set of rules. Gather 10 people with a PS3 and a PC. Ask them about the PS3. They may have different sized hard drives but everything else is the same. Ask about their PCs.... and you'll get 100's of different hardware/software/driver setups. Not to mention three major OS's. No wonder developers prefer consoles.

Just my 2 cp.

arj154

Reaction score
im more of a console gamer. I tried to get into pc gaming but it was annoying having to constantly upgrade when a new direct x comes out and i found that a lot of pc games were coming out on other platforms. Also most of my friends have xbox live so i stayed predominantly on consoles. I still pick up 1 or 2 pc games though from time to time eg orange box. I have a xbox 360, psp, ps2, ps1, ds and pc. I mainly play the 360, ps2 and the psp.

theterminator

Reaction score
PC because the games are awesome and instead of having to buy the new console every 3 years, I just get a new GFX card!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
PC because games are free mostly except for some MMORPGs, where on consoles like the xBox, you have to pay to get access to dedicated servers, BUT you can still play on free servers hosted by people, but since XBox Live is cheap, no gamer really complains.

lottab

Reaction score
PC, I enjoy interacting with people from all over the world. :biggrin:

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I have a Nintendo Wii (and I love it), and I really like Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, I'm going to be getting Guitar hero Aerosmith, I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I'm also getting Mario Kart Wii. Overall, I prefer console gaming. I used to play RuneScape, but I quit. That's the only PC (Mac) game I ever really played.

Last edited:
Reaction score
pc all the way. consoles are just crippled computers imo. i'm gonna chop up an xbox360 controller and put a usb connector on it. i am considering getting like 4+ old computers for super cheap or free at my community college and play soldat and other games on them. and racing games are really good with the controllers.

fempower

Reaction score
PC for me. So many free extras that you can download and it's easier to get patches. I love any superhero games and those with good stories (like Fallout).