Resolved Permissions or Write Issues I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

themich2

Reaction score
In the past couple of days I've been trying to update my portfolio website, I use Wordpress if that matters at all. I've been trying to update things within Wordpress and through FTP and all attempts to do so fail, and trying to upload files through FTP fail as well. I'm guessing the new migration probably has something to do with it maybe, and I'm not sure if anyone else has been experiencing this, so thought I would put it out here to see if anyone can shed some light on the topic.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There were two possible problems, one was permissions was off, most of the folders/files I checked had 777 which may work but is making the folders writable for the world and poses a security threat. I corrected this.

The other thing was your account was over quota, possibly by accidentally being bumped down to the standard size for a new account. I corrected this as well since you did qualify for an upgrade of disk space.

With those two issues solved, I hope that your problem is also resolved.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@themich2 Please let us know if you need any further assistance. This thread will be closed soon for inactivity. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.