Personal Photography Website - What do you think?

coops

Reaction score
I've created a personal photography website to showcase my work.

Its been running for around a year however over the past week ive made some improvements, notably the about and contact pages and added many more galleries.

Please let me know what you think and any improvements I could make?

http://www.coops.exofire.net

or....

http://www.coops.tk

Thanks!
Edit:
Anyone.....? :(

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Lets get something straight first. I don't like it at all so I won't discuss every detail of it cos that's just pointless.

Now if you are not able to make anything better then this you should consider searching for some nice free templates or even hire somebody to make it for you. However if you can't do any of that the only thing I'll suggest is making navigation menu bigger. If you don't have a good design visitors just won't like it but if you don't have functionality visitors will leave and there's nothing more annoying then searching for navigation menu when it's so small and terribly colored.

eltonyliu

Reaction score
That a bit harsh Leviathon.

Your site is OK but your Menu is a bit small, you have to remember some people (Not naming names ) own iMac and by default their resolution is set very high. So your menu will be unreadable. iMac users don't like to think about these things that why they buy a iMac so they have to + many of them don't know how to change screen resolution anyway. Just visit any apple store and surf the net, you see what I mean.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes it's harsh but people here seams to appreciate it. My reviews are always like that so you better use to it :biggrin:

On the other hand, when I can't suggest anything specific (cos I think it should be created from scratch) I usually refer to sites with same or similar content and idea cos I believe that critique is just the first step of every review. I apologize for that.

Here are some good sites of some excellent photographers.

As you can see most of them are Flash based and minimalistic so think about that.

kaleidoscopekorral

Reaction score
I think it is a fine site! The design is clean and it is easy to navigate and access your content. Whether your site is or is not made from a template may not be important to you or your audience. However, I do agree that your menu could use a bigger font size so that more people can view your site.

four100d

Reaction score
I agree, the menu bar is a little small. I think the menu bar needs a little padding on the top and bottom. And in my opinion the bright orange and blue distract from your photos. If it were me I would do something similar to this:

adam_cooper_website.jpg

I think more subtle colors will let your photos stand out more. Aside from the menu padding, other margin/padding tweaks, and the bright colors, I like it. Nice pics! :)

biscoolcool

Reaction score
Nice layout! I don't like when you right click it says "function disabled". Anyone can steal your images if they want to by looking @ the source code. If you go to http://www.coops.exofire.net/gallery/003-Aircraft/photos/
you can see all the images in that folder. To prevent this just make a file called ".htaccess" and put this code in it and put it in all of the directorys
Code:
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>
IndexIgnore *
Then people can't see what files you have.

Also what template do you use? I really like it!

P.S. I uploaded the file you can download it from here

http://www.filedropper.com/htaccess_1

Last edited:

Alessandro1112

Reaction score
Mmmm i thin this is the best to make your own website for photography because this is the best way for the professional photographers to advertise their photography and get orders many personal users are also make webites for their family photos i am professiona photographer and i have also made my own website in which all the informaiton about photography and my address is menstioned....