Photography Website

reymar_guia

Reaction score
hmmm...id say your site is a premade template right?..but the content was huge..
so all in all:
1. right choice of template for a portfolio
2. if your photos is original so you have my credit
Edit:
and oh just a little advice..i think you should create your home page instead of porfolio being the homepage..u understand what i mean?
in short u shold have home page, about page, portfolio page (which is your site now) and contact page..thats it..and some additional page which is up to you..hehehehehe..hope you take my advice! heheh thanks

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
It looks good and professional, the only thing i hate is that all images are preloading.But still nice.
Good Luck :)

freecrm

Reaction score
Isn't Adobe Lightbox great!!!

Joe - great look, but the package you're using isn't helping you to develop the page into something that looks like a site.

As posted earlier, this looks like it should be a page in a site.

I deally, you need to add a top banner at least, with some details on how to contact you.

A menu bar maybe?

This may sound daunting, but with a little help from these forums, you can transform this page into something really attractice and useful.

I, like tittat, don't like the images downloading in the background, but this is a small inconvenience.

Also, I'm not keen on the arrows that are hidden by default - next and previous arrows should always be visible - not in the frame itself.

When you've got some better structure to the site, you can start adding content that will help your serach engine rankings - and get some hits!!

Apart from the above, I do professional photography as part of my work and I like your shots a lot.

Good use of DOF and some fantastic composition of difficult subject matters.

What kit are you using?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The most important thing, apart form previous work, in a portfolio site is telling people what you do. I can't seam to find anything about you or services you offer. It looks like a demo page for some Flash gallery software.

Apart from the above, I do professional photography as part of my work and I like your shots a lot.

Same here :biggrin:

bluefly

Reaction score
i don't understand why yr images load so slowly...hmmm, my photo website uses full-screen images compared to your images which are not full-screen size, yet images on my gallery site loads much faster than yours.. why is that so?

is it because you did not reduce yr image resolution to 72ppi from 300ppi, hence yr image file sizes are huge?

anyway, good effort !

bluefly

http://pixelmagic.x10hosting.com

zen-r

Reaction score
Lovely photos, awful site.

It looks good, but functions badly:

You need to use a design which just loads the thumbnails, & doesn't load the actual photos until you click, hover over them, or select them with the forward/ back buttons/ drop-down menu.

Loading in the background also wastes & hogs bandwidth for people on dial-up or a capped broadband connection.

Also, as other posters have said, you need more info & content on your pages.

But it's a good start!

Last edited: