Photoshop Cs2, Photoshop Cs3?

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
If you have never used any of these two programs, then just look at another thread please. For graphic designers, which do you prefer, photoshop cs2, or cs3.

Here are my pros and cons to cs3:

Pros: - Cool layout,
- a bit of new things

Cons: - No image ready
- Hard to get used to when switching from cs2-cs3 since everythings moved around.

Cs2:

Pros - No changes to adapt to.
- Image ready (one of my FAVORITE things)
- MOST of the same features as cs3

Cons - Missing the very few new features of cs3

In my opinion, cs3 was just a rip off to grab money. What do you guys think? I have both cs2 and cs3, but I barely touch cs3 anymore, but I can still do some pretty good things. Practically what I'm capable of doing in cs2 I'm capable of doing in cs3, and vice versa.

VPmase

Reaction score
While CS3 does have some new features that do rock CS2 doesn't lag as much.
Even so though, I never got CS2 but I do have CS3.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I used to use PS7 and then CS2, but I have yet to try CS3.

However, I'm now a fan of Paint.NET. I'm not a heavy graphics maker so simple image editing with basic effects and layering capabilities is good enough for me! I uninstalled that bloatware as soon as Paint.NET came out on the freeware market

oyster.admin

Reaction score
I use cs2, coz I haven't re-installed cs3 after reformatting my laptop. But I used to use cs3 because of the raw plugin that works with my dslr.. nikon d40x.. sadly, only supported under cs3.

port5900

Reaction score
CS3 like Duh! My favorite version of PS is version 7 just cause it has the main tools that you find in CS3, but PS7 load faster cause its a smaller program.

as for
In my opinion, cs3 was just a rip off to grab money.

Well if you where making software for people charging thousands for a web site and millions for movies how much would you charge $59? I really dont think you would. PS is the #1 photo editing program and its cause its developers make it one dam good peace of software they can charge what ever they want....what you going to do use gimp?

Cliff Dude

Reaction score
CS3 is better. When I had CS2, it lagged and crashed, but not CS3, and "imageready" is basically built-in to CS3.

You can still edit animated GIFs in CS3.

Last edited:

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
CS3 is better. When I had CS2, it lagged and crashed, but not CS3, and "imageready" is basically built-in to CS3.

You can still edit animated GIFs in CS3.

Cs3 must be confusing the hell outta me, cuz I can't stand changes (took me forever to get used to office 07 LOL). So how do you do the animated GIFS with cs3?

Cliff Dude

Reaction score
CS3's toolbar style is much more convenient that the previous versions.

Anyways...
Making an animated GIF: Window -> Animation
There's your timeline, go nuts.

Editing an animated GIF: File -> Import -> Video frames to layers
In the filename type "*.*" without the quotes.
Then choose any GIF animation you like.

(This function also lets you convert parts of videos to animated GIFs too.)

Rufio1

Reaction score
the GUI of CS3 is better, but CS2 was a lot faster for me. I use CS3, but if I had to pay for it, I would definitely not buy it. I would've stuck with CS2.

kkenny

Reaction score
the GUI of CS3 is better, but CS2 was a lot faster for me. I use CS3, but if I had to pay for it, I would definitely not buy it. I would've stuck with CS2.

Ehh. Well CS3 has some additional features for photographers (me) and has better image editing stuff for PHOTOS compared to CS2, but if your focusing on digital art, just stay with CS2

federico_casares

Reaction score
Well, as a (amateur) photographer, I like CS3 better. It has some useful features... I also like its interface (it's better organized), and it seems to start faster than CS2.