Php Ide ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

careerbridge

Reaction score
Hi,

I just want to know how r u ppls developing ur php site ?? Are u using any IDE ?? or just by Notepad ??

Let me know YOUR favorite place to work with PHP !!

Regards,
Jim Jose

swirly

Reaction score
Hmmm....I don't know PHP as well as most people, but I know enough to be as people say, "dangerous"...but I just use the built in editor in cpanel...

clareto

Reaction score
Dreamweaver. I open dreamweaver, put it in code mode, and press F4. It gives me a text editor with coloring, custom identation, and search/replace using regular expressions.

I use Dreamweaver as a php editor. I dont use any of the wysiwyg features of Dreamweaver.

But I've been using Microsoft Visual Studio to write ASP.Net, and it is a good editor. It would be great to find an editor for php that has features like IntelliSense (code completion) and region collapsing.

I mean, Dreamweaver is good and it works perfectly for me, but it was not designed for coders (it was designed for designers). Hence, dreamweaver is not smart enough to aid a coder.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I use notepad; notepad2; and sometimes "vi".

t2t2t

Reaction score
I use notepad. Like someone said, best things come in simple packages (or smth. like that)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Dreamweaver. I open dreamweaver, put it in code mode, and press F4. It gives me a text editor with coloring, custom identation, and search/replace using regular expressions.

I use Dreamweaver as a php editor. I dont use any of the wysiwyg features of Dreamweaver.

But I've been using Microsoft Visual Studio to write ASP.Net, and it is a good editor. It would be great to find an editor for php that has features like IntelliSense (code completion) and region collapsing.

I mean, Dreamweaver is good and it works perfectly for me, but it was not designed for coders (it was designed for designers). Hence, dreamweaver is not smart enough to aid a coder.

I think You Might need PHP Designer, it dosnt complete the code,b ut it helps a lot and its nice.

radofeya

Reaction score
well, I like dreamweaver very much.
Especially the color. Help me differentiate the code.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Dude, this thread is 1 and a half year. Don't bump old threads. *closed*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.