php in shtml page

driveflexfuel

Reaction score
Before you say rename it to a php file hear me out. With the payed services I can make my own error pages such as 404.shtml however I wish to use a script i made to email me the errors with current url and referring url

Is there a way that I can insert php scripting into my shtml files.

mephis

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you can make any file type PHP parseable using Add Type.
In your case it would be:
Code:
AddType application/x-httpd-phpv2 .shtml
(just replace v2 for the x10hosting PHP version you have:
v1=basic, v2=intermediate,...)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
that is correct.

=}

I'm not correcting you because you are right (does that make sense?)

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I wish to use a script i made to email me the errors with current url and referring url

Unless you're not counting 404 errors that's a VERY bad idea. If someone where to find that out you would get flooded with emails and you could be suspended for spamming.

Scoochi2

Reaction score
Unless you're not counting 404 errors that's a VERY bad idea. If someone where to find that out you would get flooded with emails and you could be suspended for spamming.
:/
I doubt anyone would send a single email out for each and every error. More likely that an email would be sent out once a day containing a list of all the errors...

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
:/
I doubt anyone would send a single email out for each and every error. More likely that an email would be sent out once a day containing a list of all the errors...

Now that would be a much better idea.