php.ini file required

Status
Not open for further replies.

theteamk

Reaction score
I tried to make a search formy forum's php.ini file by making a phpinfo file

http://theteamk.x10.mx/phpinfo.php

it says its in some /usr/ directory which I am not able to access
Since I am using a shared hosting server, possibly I don't have permission to access it
Could you give me that file?

Best Regards

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
the php.ini file is a server wide file, users can not change it in any way.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm investigating this now; a test file I created is returning a 403 Forbidden error for no reason, which indicates this is not a php error as that would be dumping errors to the error_log file in your public_html.

Edit: Nevermind on why it was throwing a 403, that error actually made sense, but I'm still looking to see if I can identify why it doesn't appear to be returning errors at all.

Edit 2: Here's where it gets weird; I added a line of dummy code at the top of index.php and confirmed that file -is- being executed; whatever error is occurring isn't actually -causing- a php processing error.

Edit 3: Definitely within index.php or something it includes (which doesn't help since it includes basically everything); a test echo at the bottom never completes.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not able to get the forums to work, but I can't get it to spit out an error_log at all. Did you do anything immediately prior to the white screen error appearing, and did it work prior to doing that action? If so, what did you do that caused it to appear? We've got users running SMF without problems, so something between this install and the others must be different and is causing it to not actually function properly.

theteamk

Reaction score
I sincerely request the support staff to go through this topic
www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=519098.15

I got the PHP error log from error_log file
Here is the error

"06:15:12 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function () in /home/override.php on line 3"
a member had mentioned that these can be rectified only from the host's side
Still, I will be looking into other files with the help of some other developers

Best Regards

theteamk

Reaction score
I am sorry if this is a silly question
But, from where did you get that error date?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to explain a bit further, here's the full line in that PHP Error log:
[10-Nov-2013 06:15:12 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function () in /home/override.php on line 3

Whenever PHP logs an error, it includes the date as the first thing; this is part of what's making it confusing, since it's not actually giving an error message anywhere that's current.

Status
Not open for further replies.