php mail contact form?? plz help

hannoes

Reaction score
hi there, i'm brand new to this website stuff and created my site with rapidweaver. all works well accept for the contact form preset script (Let people e-mail you via an easy to use contact form). I understand that it only supports php (whatever that means), but how do I enable php mail on x10hosting so that the form actually send the emails. Sorry if this in the wrong category.

playminigames

Reaction score
it is already enabled, if you dont know what php is then you should read up and learn a little about it at http://www.w3schools.com/php/. can you post your code, and the errors you are getting. by the way this is in the right category.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
hannoes, it should work out of the box. Have you tried publishing the site through RapidWeaver and trying out the contact form? You may need to tweak some settings in the site's configuration in RapidWeaver to reflect the correct From address; it should be name@yourusername.x10hosting.com (unless you've selected an alternate domain, such as exofire.net, in which case you'd need to provide that in place of x10hosting.com).

--- Mr. DOS

Edit: For general reference, RapidWeaver is a piece of Mac OS X-only software that allows easy creation of mostly-static sites. It's basically an offline CMS. It also comes with a few scripts, such as the PHP mailing script in issue here. (Other scripts can also be added in later through plugins, I believe; it's been over a year since I had to use RW and I was only doing theming then.)

Last edited:

vazersg

Reaction score
Using PHP Mail normally no need additional work except writing the code to send email as the preinstalled mail script is already in the server.

Normally the setting require if you need smtp access to another server. So if everything is in the same server ... you just need to create the email id using cpanel, this to make sure the account exist in case something happen like bounce.

So this more to your script problem. There are tones of free php mail script out there ... you can use google to search or you can use some of above mentions.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Guys... he already has a script - one that comes with RapidWeaver. He needs to know what he needs to enable for it to work, the answer being "probably nothing". This is the wrong category, though; it should be in Scripts & 3rd Party Apps.

--- Mr. DOS

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Llooking at a 'bare bones' script with no frills one might see the problem for themself & learn someting.

As for the thread being in the wrong catagory, I leave such things for the Mods to decide.

hannoes

Reaction score
hannoes, it should work out of the box. Have you tried publishing the site through RapidWeaver and trying out the contact form? You may need to tweak some settings in the site's configuration in RapidWeaver to reflect the correct From address; it should be name@yourusername.x10hosting.com (unless you've selected an alternate domain, such as exofire.net, in which case you'd need to provide that in place of x10hosting.com).

--- Mr. DOS

Edit: For general reference, RapidWeaver is a piece of Mac OS X-only software that allows easy creation of mostly-static sites. It's basically an offline CMS. It also comes with a few scripts, such as the PHP mailing script in issue here. (Other scripts can also be added in later through plugins, I believe; it's been over a year since I had to use RW and I was only doing theming then.)

I have published the site through RapidWeaver. The contact form doesn't give me any errors only I don't receive the test msg I send myself. I will try your suggestion and let you know if it works. Thanks