PHP mail function

comprehendi

Reaction score
how to make mail function work on this hosting site..........i mean what's the full process including ............ setting up f mail server if it's required

aioloswebdesign56

Reaction score
Hello i'm sorry if i posted in wrong place but i've been comfused..
I'm using a form and i 'm using the mail() function but i don't take any message.
I've tried everything but nothing, i have a free hosting account.what can i do???
thanks a lot..

Last edited:

patriotseminar72

Reaction score
Hello i'm sorry if i posted in wrong place but i've been comfused..
I'm using a form and i 'm using the mail() function but i don't take any message.
I've tried everything but nothing, i have a free hosting account.what can i do???
thanks a lot..

This website has a code thats reallyefficient and well made. Its really easy to use too and is secure. http://formtoemail.com/

Just make sure you read through the read me and what not, but you could use it if you can't figure out anything else.

aioloswebdesign56

Reaction score
my friend thank you for your reply but my contact.php is working, i've tested several times.The function mail() doesn't work here in stoli, and i'm asking because i've read in other posts that maybe i have to activate 'something' in a login page that i cannot found.
maybe i'm wrong but this contact form i'm using it in other website in other server and i haven't any problem, tha't why i'm asking the opinion of a moderator.
but thank you very much!Do you want to post you the code to take a look???

luoli29

Reaction score
I don't think the server support mail() function, because I tried the same code at another website and it works!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Look. You refuse to supply the code and the input forum. We cannot help you.

The are several things that be going wrong, none of which is "mail() does not work on the server".

For one, your code can assume register globals is turned on. So it will work on some servers, but not on most others, including x10hosting. That is not "the server's fault", it is the fault of old and outmoded code.

For another, your code might not be setting the "From" headers properly. The mail servers on x10hosting can be finicky, mainly to prevent spam and having the servers put on blacklists.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Some problems are universal and encountered by new users on a regular basis and so a quick read through previous posts often produces solution or even the wealth of information in the Tutorial section is worth exploring.