PHP mail ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

noivel

Reaction score
I would like to know is the php mail function is available on free hosting?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, yes it is available. :)

noivel

Reaction score
Thx. So I put on CMS settings PHP (mail) function on as default MAIL sender. But when I use feedback or simply leave comment. CMS doesnt send me any mail about new Comment (it should notice me by CMS settings). Should I make a mail account for that on this Hosting. Now I have 0/5 accounts. Hope Ur understand what I mean.
Also over there some alternative option send MAILs thru SMTP. What I should put on this fields if Im gonna Use SMTP?

SMTP host:
Default — localhost

SMTP port:
Port 25 is the most common

SMTP user name:
Not required if 'localhost' is used.

SMTP password:
Not required if 'localhost' is used.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Should I make a mail account for that on this Hosting.

Yes.

There seems to be some problems with the PHP mail() function if the "From" field is not set to one of the email accounts attached to your account. People have used gmail or hotmail, and that worked for awhile, but then it stopped with no error messages. Changing to a local email account seemed to solve the problem.

Last edited:

noivel

Reaction score
afff looks very sad Coz I already so excired with my yahoo mail and no wanna make another account
afff tooo much TROUBLE. thx anyway

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
afff looks very sad Coz I already so excired with my yahoo mail and no wanna make another account
afff tooo much TROUBLE. thx anyway

The server that you are on, Chopin, seems to be having problems with sending mail.

Our head administrator has been alerted of this issue and is currently working to find a solution.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This issue should be resolved on your server, can you please try again?

openforum

Reaction score
Hi noivel, can you outline how you get the PHP Mail function to work with this hosting? I cant edit the PHP.ini file, so I do not know what to do!

Thanks

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hi noivel, can you outline how you get the PHP Mail function to work with this hosting? I cant edit the PHP.ini file, so I do not know what to do!

Thanks

No modifications of setting files are necessary. The mail() function is enabled by default.

noivel

Reaction score
Yeah as said adamparkzer U dont have to change Ur php.ini file, all those settings came from my CMS adminpanel. PHP mail function is enabled by default. I just wanna mention that it doesnt work RIGHT now (it was working for me just 2 weeks ago but not right now). I belive Chopins Head Admin will fix this soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.