Php Memorry errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Windwalker

Reaction score
the quick solution would be to add a line in .htaccess file located at your root folder.
php_value memory_limit 64M if x10 allows php memory allocation.
If not it would have ot be done at server level rather than domain level. but you could try it.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
the quick solution would be to add a line in .htaccess file located at your root folder.
php_value memory_limit 64M if x10 allows php memory allocation.

Does not work because x10 does not allow it. In fact, I doubt if any free host allows it.

Trying to change any php_value setting via .htaccess doesn't work.

If not it would have ot be done at server level rather than domain level. but you could try it.

Correct. The Admins will have to reconfigure the global PHP settings on the servers.

Jim Windwalker

Reaction score
Does not work because x10 does not allow it. In fact, I doubt if any free host allows it.

Trying to change any php_value setting via .htaccess doesn't work.

Correct. The Admins will have to reconfigure the global PHP settings on the servers.

It used to..LOL it can be done on even most free hosts by adding a domain level.php.ini file if the server memory is already allocated.
I had some problems with a WP installation that was gobbling up memory. the simple fix was to create a php.ini file and restrict the memory allocated to that extension.

But then like you said.. each hosting provider has their own setting.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
As soon as they have time over the many other things that are currently being worked on. Changing the memory limit in PHP is a fairly low priority task.

Status
Not open for further replies.