PHP Music Manager -- May be Simpler than you Think to Answer

mvd7793

Reaction score
I'm looking for a script in php (web access) that allows user(s) to catolog sheet music by whatever criteria is put in to the script. Basically, I want a script that will allow me to create custom fields in a MySQL database, and generates a page that allows me to put in information in the database. It must be searchable.

Does anyone know of a script/willing to make a script like this? I would pay you some x10 credits if you were to make it.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
you mean like, querying a SQL database for a certain criteria?
or, having people be able to insert their own data into the database.

is that what you mean?
Edit:
and...wrong forum

Last edited:

mvd7793

Reaction score
you mean like, querying a SQL database for a certain criteria?
or, having people be able to insert their own data into the database.

is that what you mean?
Edit:
and...wrong forum

Sorry - I'm talking about a script so I thought this was right.

Anyways, I want something where certain users, possibly with usernames/passwords would be able to put in fields that were specified by the head administrator.

Ex: Head administrator needs an easy way to catalog and search for music in a music library. So, he goes into the script, and puts in the fields:

• Title
  • Composer
  • Movement number
  • Length
etc. etc. etc.

Then, a user with a username/password could go in and enter music with that information.

Mr. Bob wants to add a piece of music. He goes somewhere, logs in, and enters a Title, Composer, etc. etc. Later, he can search for his music that's been entered. He should be able to search by title, composer, movement number, etc. It would all be stored in a MySQL database.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
so the music would be entered by the user

mvd7793

Reaction score
so the music would be entered by the user

Yes, user(s) would enter the data. The idea isn't to make it so some users can enter and some users can search. 1 set of users that can enter and search is fine. However, "normal" users shouldn't be able to edit fields that can be entered. This should be done by an "adminstrator" either through a web interface or through editing the script itself.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
yep. I think I know what you mean. It can be done...but not by me at this time..cause I am busy, check out http://chipmunk-scripts.com to see if they have any tutorials That fit your criteria

Last edited:

mvd7793

Reaction score
yep. I think I know what you mean. It can be done...but not by me at this time..cause I am busy, check out http://chipmunk-scripts.com to see if they have any tutorials That fit your criteria

I'll look. Anyone have anything already existing?
Edit:
I can't seem to find a good tutorial on that site that includes searching as well as form submitting.

Any ideas?

Last edited: