[PHP] MySQL and PHP

skyjham61

Reaction score
Introduction: This tutorial is going to be about communicating with a MySQL server with PHP. I am going to try and cover connecting to database servers, querying servers (SELECT/UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE queries), and a few other related things. This tutorial will assume that you have *at least basic* PHP knowledge, and maybe even some HTML knowledge. Ok, now to begin.

The URL to the rest of this tutorial is:
http://www.nedren.elementfx.com/vie...cat=1&scat=1&sdv=VUVoUUlHRnVaQ0JOZVZOUlRBPT0=

hi sir bryon can you give a site which can teach me HTML and CSS from zero knowledge? which can i start from scratch...

chrisrog

Reaction score
Odd, seems like the site the rest of the tutorial is MIA right now. :shifty: Would be nice if anyone recorded its information in case that happened.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Odd, seems like the site the rest of the tutorial is MIA right now. :shifty: Would be nice if anyone recorded its information in case that happened.

Just as well, Chris -- the information here is badly out of date now. While the mysql_xxx methods will work for the moment, deprecation of ext/mysql has already begun. It is likely that you would have to turn on "suppress warnings" in the next dot version of PHP, and the methods will stop working altogether a couple of dot versions down the road.

Look for tutorials dealing with PDO (PHP Data Objects) for new projects; to update existing code it would probably be easier to use the Improved MySQL (mysqli_xxx) interface, which largely has a one-to-one correspondence with the mysql_xxx methods (but with the option of prepared statements to avoid SQL injection, a traversible result set, etc., earning it the "improved" moniker).

You might want to look at the tutorials suggested by user misson in the sticky thread dealing with the deprecation of ext/mysql in the Programming forum.