PHP programmer wanted. will pay credits

gamesake

Reaction score
I need a php programmer. I will pay by page or by day.

By page:
10 credits per page

By day:
Depending on how much work you do.

jmurano

Reaction score
I have some PHP skills. Since my schedule is rocky at best I think I would prefer to be paid by page, not day. What exactly do you need done?

gamesake

Reaction score
I need a php news system. One that doesn't put different news on the same line. One I can add news to without going to the Cpanel. and as of right now my website is down. Hey can you write a flat file instead of using a database? I only have 3.

jmurano

Reaction score
I can probably write a news system for you. Explain what you mean in your last sentence, please.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
He wants it to store all of its data in a file instead of a database as he only has three databases allowed. To be honest, he could just use a table in another database just as well and simplify things hugely.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
How many databases are you currently using and what for i.e. what software etc?

gamesake

Reaction score
Sorry. My website is down and so is cpanel. I am using 1 Db for phpbb.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
If you have two left, why not use one of them for the news system? I wouldn't recommend putting your own tables in the Phpbb database, that is just going to be asking for trouble. If you are really going to need more than three databases, then you may be looking at paid hosting.
As for the news system, that shouldn't be too complex. Can you give us any idea what you are looking at particularly? I use a post system on my site, is that what you are looking for?

gamesake

Reaction score
Yes. Something like that. But(not sure if users can) I don't want anyone to be able to post without a certain password. 1 password for the posting. Also does anyone know why Starka will not show up?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It is probably due to them moving the server. Despite it saying 100% done, they are probably still tweaking things.
I'll see if I can extract the news system I use and update it a little. It is custom built so it is far from perfect, but it works and it has RSS. Currently, it is wired into my login system, so only I can post. I will edit it so that it requires a specific pass code.
I can't promise that I can get it working independently, but I'll have a go.

Edit: BTW, what is your website's address? When it comes back up, I'll use it to make sure it is as easy as possible to implement.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Of you're looking for flat file databases, http://cutephp.com/ is a great news system. It's honestly better than something anyone is going to cook up for some credits. :p (no offense to anyone looking to do this job) just thought I'd offer an alternative.

gamesake

Reaction score
Sorry not paying for a license. And I would rather have something I can embed into my website to use the theme I am using.
Edit: The website url I will put it on is: www.game-sake.co.cc/news.php

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't have to buy a license...

gamesake

Reaction score
It looks like you have to. I would rather have a custom made news system than something I can't change the theme of.