PHP Programmers New Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

v4xde

Reaction score
I am looking for PHP programmers that would like to start a new script.

It will be a Guest Book, with CMS.

Will have only Flat File DB, but very simmilar to MySQL. Of course will be faster and require a lot less of RAM from server.

Will have a Template engine, www.tinybutstrong.com

All the individuals that enter this project will be helping build the script, and will have full Open Source rights to do whatever you want with it.
Thats it for starters.

If you are interested please lot me know.
V

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
*****Thread Moved to Ads & Offers*****

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
That is an awful lot to ask of for any person: making a fully fledged CMS is no simple task and takes many iterations to actually get to a distributable product. Add on to that making a database system that is faster than MySQL and you're really not going to get anywhere at all; a flat-file database system could never really be faster than MySQL once the tables get any significant amount of data, same applies to memory usage as the whole file has to be read and searched to find each query result.

v4xde

Reaction score
Ok, So what is the MySQL?

For me, and it is personal opinion. MySQL is a flat file db with an engine behind that reads an indexation db, which it makes it fast.

But if this is difficult, lets start with a simple flat file system.

Lets Also, start with a simple CMS.

BUT, Lets start something that it can than be used by all the members that produced it in any way shape or form.

v

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
First off: no programmer in his right mind would code something of this magnitude for free. Much less a flat file database.. Flat file is a waste of time.

Second: if anyone were to do this, they'd be doing MySQL or MySQLi.

Third: MySQL isn't a flat file database.. If it were flat file, we'd be using fopen(), not mysql_connect();

Good luck finding someone to do this..

ssbtoday18

Reaction score
I would like to do this, but to be warned, I'm not the best PHP programmer out there...
I'm curious, how are you going to plan this?
Dropbox, Google Code, Google Docs?
or some other setup option?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.