PHP Script E-mails no longer sending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

talk2azs

Reaction score
I am wondering if your spam filter is blocking notification e-mails I have set up in some of my scripts, including my cron job php script.

My scripts my scripts are configured to send basic information to my notification e-mail box talk2azs@yahoo.com. They worked fine a couple of days ago. Ever since yesterday, I am no longer receiving any. Nothing is showing up in my spam box either. Can someone please see what might be happening?

Thanks

Last edited:

bradleyx

Reaction score
i would check either your script or check your email with yahoo. I am receiving emails from my email script that sends emails to me about any contact messages sent and i am receiving them all 3 of my emails i am using: my website email, facebook email and my gmail

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
For me to look into this, you will have to either use the forum account linked to your hosting account, or link the accounts in the Account panel.

talk2azs

Reaction score
How do I link the account? I use the talk2azs for both this forum and the x10hosting account.

Also, I just created a test php script called _azs.php that e-mails me a test notification to 3 accounts. 2 of which are yahoo and the other to a gmail address. Got nothing in any of the three accounts.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
How do I link the account? I use the talk2azs for both this forum and the x10hosting account

login to the portal [ https://www.x10hosting.com/sso/login ] click on "Get Support" --> "Visit Forums" - which will provide you with information about your currently linked forum account and give you an option to switch to another existing forum account

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
You were greylisted for a high volume of emails per hour. Please limit the number of emails that you send. You will be removed from the greylist automatically.

talk2azs

Reaction score
What is the limit per hour? And if I upgrade my account form a free account, will that limit increase?

The only e-mails I send are notifications to myself. I probably got greylisted when I ran tests a couple of days ago. And since then, I have not received any notification e-mails. Is being taken off of the greylist automatic, or does it require a manual human reset by you guys?

I may have to code an IP detection system that will only allow 1 notification per e-mail per a certain time period, say 20 minutes.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The limit set is 100 emails per hour on Free Hosting, but keep in mind that there's a queue to contend with, so if your mails are delayed at the end of one hourly block and not in the next, being too close to the limit with scheduled mails can easily send you over the limit. You'd want to provide a bit of margin for schedule jitter.

If you move to Premium hosting, the only real limit is on bulk email (which needs to be pre-approved). Transactional email (notifications, confirmations, that sort of thing) is essentially unlimited.

talk2azs

Reaction score
Thank you sir.

Would it be possible to clear out the que of any e-maills if there are any scheduled to come to me. I went in and disabled my e-mail notifications in the PHP scripts and added the placement of the notifications into a log file instead, until I am able to add code to limit notifications hits via IP address access.

talk2azs

Reaction score
Hi again,

OK...It has been almost a week and I am still not receiving any of my notification e-mails. The only e-mail script I have enabled is in the gc41gvf/cron.php

I have also uploaded another script that I used for testing which sends a test message to 3 different e-mail addresses. I have not received any. I also checked all of my error logs and there aren't any errors. Have I been blacklisted on your server?

talk2azs

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Thanks. I am wondering if my /* {code here} */ is actually disabling my e-mail portion of my scripts. I will delete all of my php scripts that have e-mailing code in them and bring them up one by one as soon as I receive my test e-mails again.

Thanks for your help.

talk2azs

Reaction score
Would it be possible to clear out my e-mail outbound cue. I just saw the png file leafypiggy attached and know what script caused this. There was an internal loop process going on which most likely cued up thousands of e-mails. The e-mails shown in the png file were sent back on Feb 15th and today is the 25th. The code is now fixed. but I will not be enabling the e-mail code in the php script until I can test it again.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I removed you from the greylist.

talk2azs

Reaction score
Thank you again. I will try a single test e-mail later today. I just hope there aren't any more e-mails cued up on the web server behind the scenes.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Can't you script something that has its own internal mail queue and if there are suddenly LOADS of emails being sent, delay them?

talk2azs

Reaction score
Hey Sharky,
That is a GREAT idea, but for what I am doing on this project, I am only e-mailing myself notifications when something needs my attention. The problem I had was a stupid mistake of mine that created a constant loop sending hundreds of e-mails to my inbox. With that in mind, I have now created some code that records the IP address of the user who access the page and limits the page to sending only 1 e-mail every 60 seconds per IP address. All other hits will be recorded only in a text file. I may increase the time limit to 5 or 10 minutes per IP address after going live. Doing it this way will also prevent many e-mails from being sent, should a user become impatient and hit the submit button many times. Then at the end of each day, I will have a scheduled cron job to clean up any left over useless tracking files in the directory to prevent me from using too much drive space. I'll do that manually for some time after going live until I am sure everything is working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.