vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
According to me PHP is easy and powerfull language. Pls vote if u agree

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I have not used any of the other languages, but agree that PHP is a great language.

slacker3

Reaction score
Voted for PHP because it's easy to quickly hack up an little script.
But Python has a little bit more horsepower, i think.

ASP looks pretty ugly for me, as well as PERL (no doubt it's an powerful language).

:)

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
PHP is really rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit:
Everyone plv vote !!!!!! Wating for the Results

Last edited:

smurfboi76

Reaction score
Now I have done it. Okay first off I have to say that PHP is a very powerful language and that I love its use in websites. It is awesome for databases (MYSQL Anyone!) I love to use it but I didn't vote it as the most powerful. I voted PYTHON! and well the reason is because I like to use it for everything I have yet to use it online as far as website I heard you can do that with it. I like python because it is great at building applications and interacting with other languages like C++ which gives it an unlimited amount of power for the application that you are building. So I think PHP is powerful for Database working especially MYSQL and PHP together has to be the best combo ever created online. I haven't used the other languages.

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
smuforbi76 i agree with u as u told PHP with MYSQL is a great combo ever made..... Also ur opinion abt Python ,, cheers ...

smurfboi76

Reaction score
Thank you. I was hoping that you where not talking about just the internet/website capabilities of the programing languages. Which if it was that Case I would have to go with PHP or HTML or XHTML ( I haven't played with that one yet.)

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
PHP vs ASP.net
PHP is has much better support for the database management system, MySQL. In fact, the very popular blogging platform, WordPress uses the formidable combination of PHP coding on MySQL for its content management system, which includes about hundreds of thousands of blog posts every single day. Another very popular and frequently updated service that uses the combination of PHP and MySQL is Wikipedia. ASP.net can also support MySQL, but PHP is unanimously hailed, by the masses and classes alike, for its great support for this database management system.

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Legendkiller try Python by Searching in google.......
And then once again reply

nerotic

Reaction score
I have to agree...PHP + MySQL = victory.

I plan on learning Python soon though, I have a couple of friends (long time PHP devs) who absolutely swear by it.

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
I appreciate ur planning to study PYTHON,,,,,, good g for it,,,
KNOWLEDGE DOESNT DO ANY HARM ,ITS ALL FOR GOOD

pyornide

Reaction score
PHP is a pretty terrible language based on the 6 years I have had to spend working around it, and I'm not lying when I say it raises programmers that write horribly inefficient and insecure application code. Granted, I use Python for all my needs, both for Desktop and Web Development. I prefer higher-level languages that allow more productivity without having to worry about all of the low-level boilerplate that you have to write. That's what modularity is about; I am glad that at least Perl, Ruby and Python understand that as well, with the addition of namespaces.

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Thks for ur suggestion pyornide, have u faced any major problem using PHP

porizer

Reaction score
php works on all platforms (mac server, windows server, linux server) for free and is powerful!

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Ya i agree porizer...............
Edit:
porizer dont forget to vote

Last edited:

pyornide

Reaction score
Thks for ur suggestion pyornide, have u faced any major problem using PHP

PHP still has no unicode support, no namespaces (and nobody is going to use them, because that should have been introduced at the beginning), no real sense of modularity, inconsistent function names, exception handling is terrible, php.ini and PHP's OO doesn't come up to scruff with what true OO is either, not being very object-oriented by nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.