Phpbb error

elitestorms15

Reaction score
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Lost connection to MySQL server during query [2013]

SQL

SELECT COUNT(attach_id) AS total_orphan FROM phpbb_attachments WHERE is_orphan = 1 AND filetime < 1293332135

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_main.php
LINE: 490
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_main->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Can someone help me and tell what I'm doing wrong with my phpbb?
I can access the website but this is what I get when I try to access the admins area...

Danielx386

Reaction score
Just a question, do you have any mods installed? If you did add something, did you run all the sql that is required (or run the install script for the mod)?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
It doesn't looks like a modification error to me

~Callum

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
It doesn't looks like a modification error to me

~Callum

mark.magill83

Reaction score
The error occurs after a default install of PHPBB3 on my free hosting account. No mods have been installed.

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
did the install compete without error?

have you check phpbb's config file see if all the information is correct?

mark.magill83

Reaction score
Yeah the forum works as expected without issue apart from when you try to access the admin section.

The above error is only shown when attempting to access the admin section of PHPBB if I keep hitting F5 eventually it will login after lets say 10 attempts....

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
if its a clean install id say to remove it and try again did you do the install with the latest version of bb from phpbb.com?

if you dont want to try that go into phpmyadmin and take a look at the table phpbb_attachments see if there is anything in that table that stands out to you

mark.magill83

Reaction score
Im afraid there is nothing obvious and I have just setup another phpbb forum on another domain with x10hosting and experience the same issue :frown:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your phpbb seem to work just fine now, can you please check?

mark.magill83

Reaction score
Yeah the forum works ok! Its only when you try to access the admin section of the site that the above error is displayed.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you have two phpbb installs, is the same error for both, or just one of them?

I do use phpbb myself, but I am in no way an expert on the script, I had a weird database error once and a bit investigation and searching on their support forum turned up removing all files inside the /cache folder as a possible solution, which did the trick for me. Might be worth trying.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Purging the cache wont help with the admin section, but it's worth a try, some config setting might have messed itself up

~Callum

mark.magill83

Reaction score
Yeah the same error appears on both installs. I will try clearing the cache now...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

No luck guys the same issue still occurs!

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
hey mate

when you get the error can you take a screen shot?or copy and paste the URL it goes to when showing you the error

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
cheers dude

can you go back into the phpbb_attachemnts table in phpmyadmin take a screenshot of the entire page and show me that?

do you know what version of MYSQL you are using?

what version of phpbb are you installing?

this is a new clean database isnt it?