Phpbb sendmail not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9svn6

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to x10hosting but I'm loving it, my dad pays for his server and it's has less stuff than this one so I'm very happy with it so far. So far I'm only having one problem and it's with my Phpbb Forum the sendmail doesn't seem to be working I'm not getting any errors but just not receiving the e-mails. For example when they register it's not sending the activation email. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank You,
Brian

teft90

Reaction score
first, you should read the faq's

second, you should have upgraded to php v2 in your account panel (no Cpanel)

regards

9svn6

Reaction score
first, you should read the faq's

second, you should have upgraded to php v2 in your account panel (no Cpanel)

regards

I have version 2 so thats fine sorry I forgot to mention that. I clicked faq but it says coming soon so thats no help. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're not receiving an error it's hard to tell. Try adding your site to the whitelist wherever your Email is hosted at and try signing up again, see if it comes through then.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I read something about someone having to use there x10 email to get it working, are you using an x10 email account to send the mail? Or something else? If you aren't using your x10 email account, try it, then see if that works.

9svn6

Reaction score
I'm just using sendmail the intermediate php says sendmail works so it should work, as for the smtp with x10hosting email I tried it a couple times didn't seem to work not to mention that I can't even send regular email from horde using the account i'm thinking it's all related and they just haven't told us yet.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The sendmail is working perfectly fine for my account, in my login/register script...So i don't think it has something to do with the servers, maybe your code is incorrect?

9svn6

Reaction score
It's phpbb2 premade forum the code should work fine I haven't edited it at all. It's going to sendmail fine but the sendmail program is kicking it back to my xhosting mail, also I cannot send e-mail using horde and that is xhostings code so it's not mine.

I just registered at your forum to see if it would work still haven't gotten the e-mail.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I just used the mail example from php.net and it worked fine sending to my hotmail.

-Corey

9svn6

Reaction score
I just tried doing the same thing with this script:
Code:
<html>
<head><title>PHP Mail Sender</title></head>
<body>
<?php

/* All form fields are automatically passed to the PHP script through the array $HTTP_POST_VARS. */
$email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
$subject = $HTTP_POST_VARS['subject'];
$message = $HTTP_POST_VARS['message'];

/* PHP form validation: the script checks that the Email field contains a valid email address and the Subject field isn't empty. preg_match performs a regular expression match. It's a very powerful PHP function to validate form fields and other strings - see PHP manual for details. */
if (!preg_match("/\w+([-+.]\w+)*@\w+([-.]\w+)*\.\w+([-.]\w+)*/", $email)) {
  echo "<h4>Invalid email address</h4>";
  echo "<a href='javascript:history.back(1);'>Back</a>";
} elseif ($subject == "") {
  echo "<h4>No subject</h4>";
  echo "<a href='javascript:history.back(1);'>Back</a>";
}

/* Sends the mail and outputs the "Thank you" string if the mail is successfully sent, or the error string otherwise. */
elseif (mail($email,$subject,$message)) {
  echo "<h4>Thank you for sending email</h4>";
} else {
  echo "<h4>Can't send email to $email</h4>";
}
?>
</body>
</html>

never got the email you can try it at http://knightreign.x10hosting.com/mail/mail.html maybe it's both of my e-mail addresses but I have put them in the whitelist.

tdi.webmaster

Reaction score
i had the same problem, but i think that the reason was the system i used to send mails (phpfusion has some file corrupted).
try an other way, my be you will find some thing useful .
good luck.

9svn6

Reaction score
I'm not sure how but I'm not getting errors which means the code is fine, I tried 2 separate scripts for sendmail it should work?
Edit:
Basically it tries to send the mail but never gets there and gets kick backed to the main account here is one of the kickbacks:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

9svn6@976online.com
The mail server could not deliver mail to 9svn6@976online.com. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <admin@knightreign.x10hosting.com>
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1]:38089)
by cossacks.x10hosting with esmtpa (Exim 4.68)
(envelope-from <admin@knightreign.x10hosting.com>)
id 1Iwh8o-0007H7-E5
for 9svn6@976online.com; Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:49:07 -0600
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=localhost) by ASSP.at.cossacks.x10hosting;
26 Nov 2007 10:49:02 -0600
Received: from 66.66.127.13 ([66.66.127.13]) by knightreign.x10hosting.com
(Horde MIME library) with HTTP; Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:49:02 -0600
Message-ID: <20071126104902.uilpbrxlkgsgkoc8@knightreign.x10hos ting.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:49:02 -0600
To: 9svn6@976online.com
Subject: test
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1;
DelSp="Yes";
format="flowed"
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.3)
X-Assp-Whitelisted: Yes
X-Assp-Envelope-From: admin@knightreign.x10hosting.com
X-Assp-Intended-For: 9svn6@976online.com

test

Also i used a simple php mail script to test it with 2 different e-mail addresses http://knightreign.x10hosting.com/mail/mail.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.