phpMyAdmin cannot download database backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

stgeorge

Reaction score
I cannot download database backups from phpMyAdmin.
I have been trying for three days now!
When I select any type of export either archived or sql the download simply hangs.
Is there any real idea when all the problems with the last migration are really going to be over as the status board simply states that all the problems are solved when obviously they are not.

Also this new forum is not allowing me to enter text into the editor at normal speed. I am having to use a computer text editor then copy and paste into the board editor as the board editor is too time consuming to use.

Many thanks in advance!

stgeorge

Reaction score
Still cannot download back ups from phpMyAdmin!!!!!

I realize that there does not seem to be anyone wanting to respond to the problems with this migration but if we cannot get database backups, then there is no point in doing anything with a website.
The best thing to do seems to be nothing, ie disable any sign ups or anything that relys on e-mail notification as there is no way to get back ups and the e-mail systems are failing to work.

Last edited:

stgeorge

Reaction score
Sorry should have mentioned:
SignUp Site: allscripts.x10.mx
Server: xo1/absolut

Last edited:

stgeorge

Reaction score
Bump
This is still an issue after at least 9 days now.
The download will ask to save to a location however after selecting a location the download fails to start.
I did manage on one occasion to download a .sql file, (which took nearly an hour for a 6.5 MB file and I am on cable with a download speed of 93.61Mb/s at peak times)

I have had to take a site off x10 as there is currently no way to get reliable database back ups.

Can someone give an idea of when this will be sorted please.

stgeorge

Reaction score
Still an issue
I succeeded in downloading a 8 mb database .sql yesterday but it took over an hour.
There is still no way to download .sql.gz databases though as the download will fail.

stgeorge

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue with slow phpMyAdmin .sql backup downloads.

At the moment I cannot get a download that is faster than 1.7 kB/s
I have just tried to download the same database on another free host from their phpMyAdmin and I got a download speed in excess of 100 kB/s

I realize that phpMyAdmin is the 'Dog' of database management, (resource hungry and sluggish), and unfortunately there is no adequate replacement on x10hosting, but there is no way to host a reliable website if database backups are not easily obtainable.

Is there a brake on downloads from phpMyAdmin on x10hosting??????

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue with slow phpMyAdmin .sql backup downloads
The yellow bar with "Loading..." in phpMyAdmin - is a show stopper for me
it takes too much time to do anything now - before on the 'old' server to see that 'bar' was rare
###

as for your 'download' issue
I ran some tests - most of my phpMyAdmin export backup files made on the 'old' server - timeout while trying to upload onto the 'new'server [ xo1 = (old Absolut) - IP: 198.91.81.2 ]
I did get one file to upload and download - with out timeouts on most tries

file is .sql gzipped - 16.7 MiB
upload - about 4 minutes 30 seconds
download - about 2 minutes 30 seconds

file is one table of 1,922,828 rows with 3 columns
table is 57.6 MiB on the server

stgeorge

Reaction score
I appreciate someone making a reply.
However I simply cannot download a sql.gz file as the download will not even go to save.

I wish someone from Admin will look at this issue!

stgeorge

Reaction score
11 weeks later and I still cannot download a database.
The last time I managed a download it took over an hour.
Is there anyone who can let me know why this is still a problem?
It makes no difference which browser I use.

Last edited:

stgeorge

Reaction score
Managed to download a 6.3 mb database. Took over 2 and half hours to download.
Download speed is around just 680 bytes per second, (when it does not pause) - Ludicrous!
Is there anyone who can answer why this has not been rectified in several months?
I cannot even be sure that I have a restorable database until I try to upload it.
As this will not be possible on x10hosting I will have to try it on different hosting to see if it is not corrupt.

securezo

Reaction score
I also have this problem. I am urgently trying to download my database now, I need to take a backup ASAP! This is the only bad thing I've ever seen with x10hosting...

Last edited:

stgeorge

Reaction score
I am with 'securezo', is it possible to get our backups?
I am trying to get a website off this hosting and move it to another.
The problem now is that I cannot even archive the website files in File Manager.
It seems the whole system is breaking down.
Trying to download a database backup in phpMyAdmin is now running at 0 to 0.1 kb/s
At this rate I will be lucky to get a backup within 14 hours.
Is there no one from x10 hosting that can at least let us know what is going on?
http://status.x10hosting.com/
Has had no posts on any issue since Thursday, July 10.
Yet the board shows that problems are numerous.
What is going on?

securezo

Reaction score
I messaged Corey, the CEO, from the members list, and he gave me my database.

stgeorge

Reaction score
Bump
Tried Messaging Admin as suggested.
No response as yet.
This really is a major issue with the hosting.
Is there no Mods or Admins willing to comment on this?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi stgeorge,

I can assure you that this is an issue we are completely aware of and we have definitely not forgotten about. Over the last few weeks, our administrators have been working on isolating the cause of this and we've been working on optimising the speeds of phpMyAdmin.

To give you a bit of background information on this, this is being caused because one of the commands that phpMyAdmin executes before doing an action is taking approximately 5-15 seconds to complete on our MySQL server. This should not affect users' sites. We have, of course, been looking into why this is happening and we are still actively looking into a solution.

In the meantime, I am more than happy to provide you with a backup of your database should you need it. Please PM me the name of the database. :)

Thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience caused

stgeorge

Reaction score
@ Dead-i
Thanks for that I really appreciate it.
I have PMed you.

I realize you all work hard for this hosting but it is a right pain when there are no easily found announcements or nothing in the status link concerning long standing issues.

Thanks for the reply.

stgeorge

Reaction score
Still an issue after 15 weeks and there are regularly problems getting file backups also in file manager.
Archiving fails to complete with a finished screen, meaning you can never be sure that the archive is complete or not damaged.

Has anyone got a site running on xo1.x10hosting.com because the one I left here cannot be updated or any additional content added when there is no way to get backups easily.

It would be OK to leave a site here when no content is to be added I suppose.

stgeorge

Reaction score
Is there any news on this as I have not added any content to the one site I have left on x10 as there is no point adding any content when it is not possible to reliably download databases.

This has now been an issue for over 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.