Play any mmo games?

adamlinux

Reaction score
What MMO games do you play on a regular basis and maybe tell a little bit about the game as well. I personally am very involved playing battlefield 2142 and battlefield 2, I play on the JoD (Jeeps Of Death) server and am a member of Clan JoD. What do you play?

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
halo combat evolved
halo custom edition
C&C generals
C&C zero hour

Ogame
Nova (look in my sig)
and a few other Browser MMO's

nterror

Reaction score
Starsiege: Tribes
Tribes 2
Tribes: Vengeance

In the future (when released):
Rise (Crysis Mod)
Tribal Wars (or TWars, ET:Quake Wars mod)
Ascension (stand alone)

Tribes series: Fast paced FPS, with a real Z-Axis and 3D movement (no ground hugging). Jetpacks and Skis allow you build momentum across large maps in a futuristic setting. Three different armor classes, packs, and weapon loadouts allow you to choose your own style. Vehicles and base equipment like AI Turrets to protect your base. Very team-oriented.

The other three I listed are inspired by Tribes, and will be free.

I've tried other FPS (CS:S, CoD, Battlefield, etc.), and nothing has satisfied me as much as this series. Most challenging FPS I've ever come across...

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not an MMO person. I did at one point try out Runescape, but the issue is it was boring as heck. I'm an FPS person though.

adamlinux

Reaction score
yeah that's why I play MMO FPS :biggrin:, the best of both worlds..

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yeah that's why I play MMO FPS :biggrin:, the best of both worlds..

In actuality they aren't MMO FPS.

An MMO FPS would be a game like Planetside, Huxley or World War II Online.

What constitutes a MMOG is that the world must be persistent. Games like Battlefield are clearly far from being persistent.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I thought MMO was just Massive Multiplayer Online...

They aren't "Massively Multiplayer" though. 60 players is a lot but it's not massive. Massive would be hundreds vs hundreds.

adamlinux

Reaction score
They aren't "Massively Multiplayer" though. 60 players is a lot but it's not massive. Massive would be hundreds vs hundreds.

Yeah, I guess u your right. But I tell you what, when you are fighting 30 or 40 other people on a small map, it sure feels massive. :biggrin:

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I do enjoy playing RuneScape. I don't get why people rip on it so much. The thing I hate the most is the cheaters. They ruin the game for everyone and now we can't have free trade, wilderness PKing, or unlimited staking. Jagex is awesome, but I wish they'd convert RuneScape back to when Runecrafting had just come out. The graphics were practically glitch-free, no trade-limits/stake-limits, and there was wilderness PKing.

There are also many private servers if you enjoy those, but I don't play on them since they're a waste of time because they don't help your in-game account, they're illegal, and a huge security risk to your computer when you have to download or play on Hamachi servers.

Repneiras

Reaction score
I play two MMOs, Perfect World International (kind of like WoW, except the armour on females is more revealing) and Combat Arms (has modern guns and realistic missions to complete on various maps.

-Repneiras ;)

noise

Reaction score
EVE-ONLINE 4 years!

Yeah, Eve-Online on and off since 2004 :)

I started playing shortly after release joined a Corporation but the Corp slowly started dying, so I kinda stopped playing for a while.

Then aftert a break I went back and my wife get very much fed up! So I stopped playing again.

Couple more on - off's and i'm back playing now but not very much. In my own Corp with a friend who's never online. Just doing Agent missions and mining :)

noise

xPlozion

Reaction score
used to play test drive unlimited... but other than that no. my brother plays phantasy star universe though...

Repneiras

Reaction score
I don't play Perfect World International or Combat Arms much anymore but I've started playing Pokemon World Online for some reason o_O So far it's up to its 0.9022 build and is like playing Ruby/Sapphire in the region of Yellow/Blue/Red (Kanto).

-Repneiras ;)

Last edited:

Killjoy116

Reaction score
Starsiege: Tribes
Tribes 2
Tribes: Vengeance

In the future (when released):
Rise (Crysis Mod)
Tribal Wars (or TWars, ET:Quake Wars mod)
Ascension (stand alone)

Tribes series: Fast paced FPS, with a real Z-Axis and 3D movement (no ground hugging). Jetpacks and Skis allow you build momentum across large maps in a futuristic setting. Three different armor classes, packs, and weapon loadouts allow you to choose your own style. Vehicles and base equipment like AI Turrets to protect your base. Very team-oriented.

The other three I listed are inspired by Tribes, and will be free.

I've tried other FPS (CS:S, CoD, Battlefield, etc.), and nothing has satisfied me as much as this series. Most challenging FPS I've ever come across...

oh wow tribes.. now that brings back some good memories..