Playing around in Photoshop

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was just playing around in Photoshop. I did some retouching before but only for improving photos for web sites. Nothing spectacular. I found a photo somewhere on my hard drive that reminded me on my favorite game; S.T.A.L.K.E.R. so I decided to give it a try. I know it's far form perfect but you can consider me a noob on this one :happysad:

Original:
stalker.jpg

Retouched:
stalkerr.jpg

true b3nx

Reaction score
I think it looks great, the logos you added blend in very well. Not to sure about the bullet holes on the back window of the bus though. Where was the original photo taken from do you no?

freecrm

Reaction score
I think, considering you've only done touching up before that you've done a pretty damn good job!

Like the colour curn on the front of the building + plaster cracking. I personally like the bulletholes on the back of the bus, but they are a bit too stark - maybe tone them down a bit.

The only thing for me that doesn't work is the added trees in the background. I'm guessing you had to either use magic tool or "select colour" on the shy and then delete? They just look a bit blotchy. The select colour is the better option, but try increasing your range, which should give you a better blend.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I was just playing around in Photoshop. I did some retouching before but only for improving photos for web sites. Nothing spectacular. I found a photo somewhere on my hard drive that reminded me on my favorite game; S.T.A.L.K.E.R. so I decided to give it a try. I know it's far form perfect but you can consider me a noob on this one :happysad:

I think it's excellent and extremely impressive. The only thing I find slightly flawed is that the shattered glass effect on the bus back window seems unrealistic, but other than that, your Photoshopping skills amaze me.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it's excellent and extremely impressive. The only thing I find slightly flawed is that the shattered glass effect on the bus back window seems unrealistic, but other than that, your Photoshopping skills amaze me.

The bright color is what makes it seem unreal. If the color blended in more with the rest of the image, it'd look all right ;).

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks guys I really appreciate your comments. I'm now working on an really old and small Holy Trinity Icon from 1912. I scanned and enlarged it and it's really messed up but I think I can do some restoration. If you're interested I can upload that too but I worn you it's work in progress. I tried to find it somewhere on the net cos text on one that I have is destroyed, but no luck. I guess it's really rear.

epyon346

Reaction score
It does remind me a bit of Chernobyl, but like one of the other posters said, the glass does look a bit off. The new trees and little logos, however, look great and blend in well. If it was the mood of the game that you're trying to capture you've done quite a good job considering your past experience.

dexter09

Reaction score
Very nice haha, Im still learning on photoshop. I would love to be able to do things like that. It looks like some old of western scene haha.