Playstation 3 or Nintendo Wii?

• Playstation 3

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters

Cubeform

Reaction score
Wii + PC. Wii for the fun games, PC for the graphics.

Today's Nintendo E3 press conference was slightly disappointing, because they didn't introduce anything really impressive. They did introduce a whole bunch of peripherals (they're all included free with specific games), and Wii Fit did slightly catch my attention, but that was it.

The Xbox 360, I think, will be the winner this time. With Halo 3, Mass Effect, BioShock and Assassin's Creed, the 360 now has a very impressive lineup of games. Of course, BioShock and Assassin's Creed will both be available on the PC (I think). But what's with that Halo-branded 360?

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
Ya, I'd definitely have to go with XBOX360 ftw, just cuz it's got halo 3 and halo is p.i.m.p!

Finarfin

Reaction score
I like the Wii because it's different. The PS3 is really expensive to give you the same games with better graphics. With Wii you feel inmersed in the game... You are part of the game. You can still lose weight (for some people , specially women, thats nice!) connect to the internet, watch the weather and all this with the wiimote... Is the best revolution after the 3D graphics!

Joker Boy

Reaction score
Wii ftw!!!11one

Gamplay > Graphics

IN A NUTSHELL AT THE BOTTOM!!!

This post is just comparing the three gaming consoles from my personal opinion. I use the UGGH system for rating games ;-).

------------------------------------------------------------

Wii

U: 4/5
G: 3/5
G: 5.5/5
H: 4/5

Usability:

The Wii is known only for its unique controller and the way it operates. This would be qualified as both Gameplay and Usability. It is simple to use and gets you involved in your adventure. This gets a well deserving 4/5.

Graphics:

Since the Wii has such an amazing control system, something has to be lower because of it. The graphics are not exactly great, not quite as good as the PS3 or xBox 360, yet still good enough to outrule all the old systems such as N64, Playstation, PS2, and even some games on xBox. 3/5

Gameplay:

5.5/5, F*CKING PWNT!!!2

Heroes/Heroines:

Nintendo™ has kept their games, but still updated and upgraded all their graphics so you can enjoy all the old games on the new Wii!!

NOTE: You can play GameCube games on the Wii as well!

Rating: 4.125/5

--------------------------------

xBox 360

U: 3/5
G: 5/5
G: 4/5
H: 4.5/5

Usability:

The xBox 360 has the same controller as the xBox, standard controller. No adrenaline there. But that's okay, its big and white and has a good color scheme. 3/5.

Graphics:

The graphics on the xBox 360 are just stunning. The games are so intense...they burn into my eyes!! (in a good way). But really, they are EXTRRREEEEEEEEMME!!! 5/5.

Gameplay:

Gameplay is exciting and as far as video games go (excluding the Wii) these games are intense as fiya... ! So yeah. 4/5. Not perfect intensity, but pretty good. Definitely not bad.

Heroes/Heroines:

Being out so long gives the xBox 360 a time to get itself together. Remove a glitch here, add a game there, lower the cost over there... etc. There are so many heroes and heroines to choose from, over 2,000 actually across the hundreds of games that have been produced for it. 4.5/5

Rating: 4.1244444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444/5

--------------------------------

PlayStation 3

U: 3/5
G: 2/5 (I'll explain)
G: 3/5
H: 2/5

Usability:

Same old boring thing as PlayStation had, same boring controls, same design, different color. Same design as the generic controller. At least xBox had a big white one that is color coordinated with the machinery. But the PS3 is so great because it can play PlayStation games and PS2 games?! Read on. (3/5)

Graphics:

The graphics are okay on the several new games that they have released for the PS3, but if you play the old PS2 games on a PS3 the graphics become all blurry and dimmed and it fades a lot. The pixels get all separated and it looks like ****. Literally. Don't get it because it can do that. That is its specialty, just like the Wii has the neat controllers. Except for PS3 sucks at its specialty.

Heroes/Heroines:

Considering my remarks above, would you really want to play any good PS2 games on a PS3? No. You wouldn't. And that leaves only a few games to play with only a few good characters. Oh well, it's your choice but if I were you I'd get a Wîî.

Rating: 2.5/5

-------------------------------

In a nutshell: Wii owns PS3 blows chunks

commonyd

Reaction score
Wii ftw!!!11one

Gamplay > Graphics

In a nutshell: Wii owns PS3 blows chunks

*didn't want to quote ENTIRE post.

Thank you, i totally agree. PS3 may have some "OOO!!!" features but Wii is more original and Nintendo has changed their look/design and concept DRASTICALLY making it more willing to approach rather than the U shaped controllers that many game systems share.

Archkronos

Reaction score
I prefer the Wii becuase:

1. I despise the PS3
2. Sony killed their brand with the PS3
3. The Wii is more inovative
4. The Wii is fun!
5. Its cheaper
6. Who needs blue-ray? I dont.

And here is the PS3 song. ;)

commonyd

Reaction score
The Wii is better than the PS3, Sony screwed up big time. It's time for Microsoft to walk in and take the crown...

They sort of did already with xbox 360 Lite (the black version) but honestly, I don't think much, or anything at all, has changed from the previous 360 version other than color.

Sorry if I'm wrong because I haven't researched whats new about the LITE version.

Reaction score
I will stay on the PS3.
Because i huge fan of PS and i have only a ps,ps2,ps3.
And the grahics are better then the wii and i don't like th controlor of the Wii

russia

Reaction score
Wee is mutch better the P3 if you do not only play alone. if you have no friends is P3 better or if you will watch BlueRay.

lfc20

Reaction score
Wii of course fun games keeps me and my mates entertained! wii play rock on!

playstation 3 to expensive :dunno:

Hosting4Life

Reaction score
I personally own both systems. I think that Wii and PS3 are completely different type of consoles. (The Wii should be placed in the last-gen category and it should not be compared.)

I camped 25 hours in front of the ToysRus' store to pre-order my PS3 on launch last year and I didn't regret it. I think that buying a PS3 is like an investment and it is still too early to judge whether or not if the console is good. In the past 9 months owning a PS3, I have been having a LOT of fun with it and that's what I think matters. Please don't get me wrong, 360, Wii and the PS3 are all great systems but I don't think Microsoft did a good job on the 360 in terms of the console quality and the Wii is a different type of console as I mentioned above. I didn't consider in buying the 360 since it has some major problems with it such as the console over-heating issues, ring of death, etc. (I turn on my PS3 for 1 whole week non-stop with no problem whatsoever.) A PS3 also enables me to watch a movie in the highest quality format, Blu-ray. I am so excited upcoming PS3 releases such as Warhawk, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Little Big Planet, Haze, MGS4, etc. The 360 maybe a good system but I think PS3 is better.

Furthermore, the Wii simply can't do that. The Wii is fun but a PS3 is a better deal. ;)

P.S. I got a Wii as a gift. :biggrin:

Last edited:

nomore

Reaction score
PS3, the Nitendo Wii SUX
all you can do is play Taniss with your controller :\

NoMore

Hosting4Life

Reaction score
PS3, the Nitendo Wii SUX
all you can do is play Taniss with your controller :\

NoMore

My Wii has been sitting cold on my desk for weeks. I can't seem to find any good games on it.

But I have to say that Resident Evil 4 was fun on the Wii. I can't wait for Resident Evil 5 to come out on the Playstation 3. :biggrin:

-Hosting4Life

Vipey

Reaction score
I have to go with Wii here and I will reason bellow.

The Price - £400? No thanks, I could get a laptop for tha price.

Gameplay - Wii has more gameplay, the controls make many possibiltys although some games should be made without motion in mind.

Controls - 'Nuff said....... :D

Games - Brawl, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Brawl, Wii Fit, Strikers, FIFA 08, MySims, EA Playground, Bully, Endless Ocean, Galaxy, Umbrella Chronicles, Nights, Nitro Bike, WWE, Raving Rabbids 2, Pokemon, Zack & Wiki, Dewy's Adventure, Mario and Sonic, Ghost Squad, BWii just to name a few....

knutico

Reaction score
simply PS3 has more stuff and the price keeps coming down, I cant wait till I can buy one XD

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
Wii, mainly because I enjoy anything made by Nintendo. I mean, I still play my Gamecube that I have had for who knows how long. The only thing that is preventing me from getting the PS3 is the price and the fact that there just aren't that many games for it that I want that are not available on other consoles