Please bring back "forums.x10hosting.com" as the canonical name.

What URL should the forums use?

• //forums.x10hosting.com/

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • //x10hosting.com/forums/

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
When the vBulletin search fails me, I often used to turn to Google, performing a site search on "forums.x10hosting.com". Since that domain now redirects to "x10hosting.com/forums", using Google is still possible but is much more verbose and seems to be less successful. Could we have the old "forums" domain back?

frankfriend

Reaction score
Why not keep both registered and available?

Please, please, please put the X10 Hosting logo back at the top of the Forum pages. VBulletin is the supplier, not the site.

priyaa161

Reaction score
Please bring back the credit system. you may be trying but escalate the process.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Logo, credits and other things will be back when we switch to a custom theme again. But there's a bit of work needed to enable all custom things into the theme.

As for the address, I believe that it was necessary to change to be able to incorporate the new account panel fully. I might be wrong on that though, but I vaguely recall Corey mentioning that a while back.

priyaa161

Reaction score
Some days ago I've seen one new theme here. Not set as default but it was there to choose.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer the old one. I am a big fan of subdomains and CNAMEs, etc. However, if the move is to bring a clearer, simpler and easier experience, I will welcome it arms open. As for the default vBulletin theme, it's here until we get our new theme, modify it and make all our custom systems work with it. As for the credit, it's just disabled, not gone.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The way the address is right now is perfectly fine. forums.x10hosting.com still redirects to the same place if you visit it. Google will have to play catch-up, but it will update very soon. If you're using the site:siteaddress here function of Google, just punch in site:x10hosting.com and you should still get the same results, maybe some other useful ones from hosted websites :)

Now as for the theme, a new one will be installed hopefully soon. The logo will return too. For now, we're stuck with what we have. The smileys just got fixed completely.

ezandew

Reaction score
In my opinion, since forums.x10hosting.com redirects to x10hosting.com/forums, it's not worth it. Who knows what could happen if that happened...... broken links... bad sectors of the forums..... downtime.

Why not just keep it like it is?

E&E

Edit: Darn it - I accidentally replied to the poll as the top option!

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Google will have to play catch-up, but it will update very soon.
Fortunately, the change in name hasn't affected Google's indexing, so the forums are fully searchable.

If you're using the site:siteaddress here function of Google, just punch in site:x10hosting.com and you should still get the same results, maybe some other useful ones from hosted websites :)
They're never useful.

Oftentimes I'll turn to Google because the forum search fails me, such as when I need to search for a term of three or fewer letters. Note that it's still possible to use Google , the search just has to be more verbose. "site:x10hosting.com inurl:x10hosting.com/forums" rather than "site:forums.x10hosting.com". I'll probably just create a bookmarklet.

If LadyAnna remembers correctly and the new URL is necessary for account panel, that takes precedence. But if the new URL structure doesn't offer any benefits, I'm still pulling for the old one, which has the one benefit.