Please check out my web design site

miocene2

Reaction score
Since making a site for my friend's business I thought I might start up a little business of my own creating websites.

i have pretty good xhtml and css abilities and a bit of php/mysql.

Would like to hear some opinions on my new site I have created from scratch for my web design site.

Here:http://fairshare.x10hosting.com/nearfrog

Currently there are not many pictures. I was wondering what could be done to make it a bit more exicting whilst maintaining simplicity and keeping it looking proffessional...

Thanks for any comments.

Edit: obviously the right column would contain something more meaningful (any ideas?)

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
The site is well-made. It has a good, soothing, visually-appealing design that isn't too complex. The only thing I can recommend to place on the sidebar are links or advertisements.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No offense but I don't think this is good enough to attract client. I won't discuss this any further but I will make a suggestion.

If you want to know what's standing behind my thoughts you can visit this blog where you can see what I believe portfolio sites should look like.

I suggest you spend some time studying those sites.

warrenware

Reaction score
It seems that the light blue swirl background image in the "About", "Portfolio" and "services" pages tends to be very close to the same color as the foreground text, which makes it almost impossible to read the leftmost 40% of the text.

It would be more appealing without that swirl background.