Please check out my wordpress theme

miocene

Reaction score
Hi I've made a wordpress theme completely from scratch mainly as a self-training exercise.

Would love to hear any comments.

Can be found here

(the theme uses cufon to create a h1 heading image in that font. No need to upload your own header image, just type the blog name in the wordpress panel)

Last edited:

danprobo

Reaction score
Hi I've made a wordpress theme completely from scratch mainly as a self-training exercise.

Would love to hear any comments.

Can be found here

(the theme uses cufon to create a h1 heading image in that font. No need to upload your own header image, just type the blog name in the wordpress panel)

Nice theme, how about change the header to black color too?then change the primary link text to white..ya an experiment :) and on Powered by Wordpress link you should using target="_blank" so the link will opened in new tab.

Let me know if you already change it :)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes it is clean and simple ... a little too simple I believe. The main reason I think that is because it looks unfinished. There's no graphics of any kind. Even main menu is simple text with slashes. Don't get me wrong I like clean design but this is just too simple.

One suggestion, next time use "lorem ipsum" (http://www.lipsum.com/) for sample text. That's what it is for ;)

owenfozze

Reaction score
i think about using another colour to intergrate the two main colours you have at the moment anad id also agree that you need a couple of images to liven things up.

But other than that a good clean site :)