Please critique my website

timothy.taylor

Reaction score
Please critique my website. I am a graphic design graduate and I put quite a bit of work into my site and I'm looking for new ideas to make it better and more appealing. Please constructive criticism only. Thanks.
http://timothytaylor.co.cc

twiztedstudiez

Reaction score
All I can really add is that you should add a border or frame around everything. All your text and images just seem like they're floating in mid-air. Otherwise not too bad ;)

khero22

Reaction score
if you didn't say that thee graphic designer I will not get it out because he is too shy as a site and also the page of the site is great while you concentrate on thee I want the center say there are too many empty in the end .. you can do better then your image the best.:nuts:

mjserv

Reaction score
looks good to me, like how your picture fades out to black and fades in with the banner

giannizz

Reaction score
Your site is really cool! The menu is cool designed and your logo is very stylish! Very good! My rank for you: 9/10

peacesam

Reaction score
It would be great to see the images on higher quality , and add some vivid colors too :)

chingola

Reaction score
I think your site is good and some of the ideas above may work, I just had issues with the links being dark blue with the black background, makes them hard to read. Better than my site :)

somegood

Reaction score
The site looks good.

I just looks a little bit disintegrated, like the three elements the banner, the menu and the content look like three diffrent things... maybe you should find a way to make it look more like one site...

just some constructive criticism... but the site looks cool, nice work

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You said you "put quite a bit of work" into this and I can't see that. If you're a beginner I would probably say "nice work" and point some things like references or other peoples work for you to learn but you're a graphic design graduate and no meter how long I look at your website I just can't see that.

Your work in portfolio and gallery sections is far from being good. Just compare your business card and logo design this http://creattica.com/business-cards/latest-designs and this http://creattica.com/logos/latest-designs . You can find a lot more design stuff on creattica

I'm sorry but you'll have to put a lot more work on this if you want to become a real professional.

I'm hard on you cos I believe this is going to be your profession. Believe me clients will be much harder then me.

lmccasli

Reaction score
Hi,

I think your site is a good start, but I do have some particular critiques that I think will be very important in getting clients or employers who expect serious design work from you.

Let me start with your typography. I'll use the "About Me" page as an example. I think your line spacing needs to be increased; it looks a bit smooshed together. This isn't aided by the fact that you used a thick font (I think my monitor is displaying it as Arial Black... not good in this case for body type, as the thickened letters get a sort of "bleeding together" effect.) And, the fact that your links are in the default dark blue color does not work with the rest of your design - really, to me, and forgive the harshness of the term, but it seems lazy. It looks like you didn't take the time to notice the fine details of color work. That's going to be HUGELY important in attracting people of the advanced design persuasion.

I really like the setup you have for your gallery. Your video portfolio, though, probably could benefit from a neater organization rather than one video stacked on top of the other. The design doesn't flow there because the videos are such different sizes.

Finally, your home page. To be honest, I clicked "Home" again while on that page because I thought for some reason I was on one of those silly "Enter site here" splash pages. The slide show, with no other information accompanying it, gives that impression to me. It seems disconnected - a home page ought to make a statement as to the purpose of the site, not give me a random picture of a butterfly (as beautiful as that photograph is) with nothing else to let me know what this site is!

I congratulate you on your graduation and I wish you luck in the design field - we all have room to grow and always will, and from some of your work (like your logo - I love that logo!) I can tell you have some talent. Just make sure your web page is exemplary of all that attention to detail; it's going to represent your design philosophy to everyone evaluating your skills.

playminigames

Reaction score
its ok, i think you shouldnt do a all black theme, also when i try and read the text its very hard on my eyes, you should use a light grey. also the buttons when you put your mouse over them it is harder to read. Good luck