Please delete my free hosting account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

b-boukrab65

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to delete this free hosting account, cause I made a mistake in it, and I don't know how to get rid of it. So I want to make a new account so I can start over and do it good.

Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Bump..

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
what is the mistake? Might be easy enough to sort out.

However for deletion request, please also include your cpanel username to confirm it is the right account we mark for deletion.

b-boukrab65

Reaction score
what is the mistake? Might be easy enough to sort out.

However for deletion request, please also include your cpanel username to confirm it is the right account we mark for deletion.

Well when I want to go to my website I see this..http://fragrancesinthekitchen.x10.mx/wordpress/
But when I go to my dashboard off Wordpress, it's impossible, cause they say: Oops! Google Chrome can't find fragrancesinthekitchen.nl. Suggestion: Search with Google. Now is the problem I made a mistake with changing my url to fragrancesinthekitchen.nl, just to try out if it works, and now I'm stuck in it and I can't get in my dashboard to fix it..

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Give me a few minutes and I can have this fixed; I just did it for a user on IRC last night :) There's a "back-door" that involves modifying a theme file for about 30 seconds and it'll force-update the database to the right domain.

Edit: Clarification on the "back door" - it requires access to the files, so it's not something a hacker should be able to do. Wordpress simply left in a way to update the site url via a function that can be added to a file temporarily (see below post).

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Fix'd; for this one I followed the directions under 1.2 "Edit functions.php" ( http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL ) - I returned the functions.php file back to pre-modification though so it won't conflict with updates or anything later.

If it would happen again you can use the same directions on the codex for Wordpress to go in via cPanel's file manager and update it there - personally I find it easier to do the quick-fix by editing functions.php rather than hunt for it in the database or reinstall from scratch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.