please explain..

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
why do we and animals have 2 nostrils?
No idea, but would it be for something such as allergies? I do know that when I get allergies because of ragweed during the spring/fall time, one of my nostrils will always plug completely up.

jenya

Reaction score
ok, thats in humans, why do animals have 2, instead of 1, do they have alergies to?

multipass

Reaction score
Thats Wrong. almighty have managed that Human Beigns & Animal senses and such other things are defferent. I HAVE EXPLAINED. SO TILL NOW THEN THREAD IS CLOSED.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
multipass: What makes you think you have the final say on anything just because you say the Almighty has said so? Saying it's the way it is because that's what God intended is very closed minded and not in the spirit of open discussion. Sure, I can see the point of religion, but it's not the be all and end all of why we have two nostrils.

jenya and others: This makes sense, and could be the reason for having two nostrils: http://www.word-detective.com/howcome/nostrils.html

It sounds valid.

Last edited:

Nathan H

Reaction score
An evolutionary explanation of this states that it stems from common ancestry. Wouldn't knowing the direction of food ( which needs 2 not one nostril) be advantageous. Also, Multipass, only x10 staff members can close threads, and just because you think your correct does not give you the right to try and enforce your own opinion.

jenya

Reaction score
my friend told me an interesting point of evolution: that we all evolved from one creature, the CELL. he also told me that the reason we have 2 nostrils is because the CELL had 2 nostrils. lol

sound reasonable enough to me

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
my friend told me an interesting point of evolution: that we all evolved from one creature, the CELL. he also told me that the reason we have 2 nostrils is because the CELL had 2 nostrils. lol

sound reasonable enough to me
If be the CELL you mean a cell, then it didn't have nostrils at all. If it required Oxygen, it would be by diffusion through some sort of cell membrane.

nyanko

Reaction score
multipass: What makes you think you have the final say on anything just because you say the Almighty has said so? Saying it's the way it is because that's what God intended is very closed minded and not in the spirit of open discussion. Sure, I can see the point of religion, but it's not the be all and end all of why we have two nostrils.

jenya and others: This makes sense, and could be the reason for having two nostrils: http://www.word-detective.com/howcome/nostrils.html

It sounds valid.

requesting God Source code.