Please help 404 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

p4fx10ho

Reaction score
Hey,

I tried editing something on MyBB forum admin cp once i save it i get a error which is 404 please help...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

tonynadi

Reaction score
Pay closer attention when reporting errors. That's a 403 error, not a 404. I've been waiting a week to hear back about the same issue.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

We protect all our customers from common web attacks by running "mod_security" on our free hosting servers. It looks like the data you are submitting is triggering a mod_security rule. What data are you submitting, exactly? :)

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...once i save it i get a error which is 404
this part 'says' - it is a [ 403 Forbidden ] error (your browser may show "403" in the tab)
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

this part 'says' - you do not have a custom 403 error page - so you receive a 404 error page for the 403 error page
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request
###

as said above - you are triggering [ mod_security ] which will throw a 404 error if it sees a "leaky" response OR a 403 error if it sees a "shady" request
so you will receive either a 403 OR a 404 OR a empty (blank) page response - depending on the apparent severity

the issue is - we (users) have no way to know what triggered [ mod_security ]

p4fx10ho

Reaction score
Hi,

We protect all our customers from common web attacks by running "mod_security" on our free hosting servers. It looks like the data you are submitting is triggering a mod_security rule. What data are you submitting, exactly? :)

Thank you,

Well to start off I've installed a Plugin which is MyTabs, i then went to settings to edit example one tab i created which was called Home and i wanted to add an icon which is this code > <i class="fa fa-home"></i>

Once i do enter that code and try saving it, it wouldn't work it would give me an error.

p4fx10ho

Reaction score
Installed another plugin which is sidebox when i edit something on the configuration menu i get the same error -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.