Please help a newbie

SRAkitas

Reaction score
I uploaded my website and would appreciate any advice that you would like to give. My rollovers seem to take too long so I think I need to downsize the images, but I am not sure what resolution to use that will retain good quality images.

Also I get bored easily and really want to make some changes, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

The address is http://www.silvereignakitas.x10hosting.com Thanks.

kkenny

Reaction score
Try making the image rollovers easier to load, because they sort of slow the load time for the website in general. The color scheme and layout look decent, better than average, and the layout is decent. I guess it's pretty good for a start :)

7.8/10

SRAkitas

Reaction score
Try making the image rollovers easier to load, because they sort of slow the load time for the website in general. The color scheme and layout look decent, better than average, and the layout is decent. I guess it's pretty good for a start :)

7.8/10

Any advice on how???? Or where to find tutorials, would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ASPX.King

Reaction score
use an image preloader, if you're using dreamweaver it comes with one.

although, it worked fine for me, but my browser cached the images... just the delay on the first hover, which i personally don't mind at all. if you're on dialup, it's a different story though...

delon

Banned
Reaction score
Nice puppy photo in the homepage ( i love dogs ), nice color scheme, beautiful nav bar, nice decent looking text, try to change the link color, and try to make a contact form, spammers can spam u as you are showing your email address publicaly.

Overall Rating : 8/10
Nice Work, No errors ( great )

Nathan H

Reaction score
Looks good, maybe you could pre-load the images AFTER teh site has finished loading say call a script just before you end the body to load the images for the on mouse overs looks good once loaded though. Where you have a link in the middle of the text, you have the text emboldeneing on mouse over, this is a personal preference but that doesnt seem right, the text on either side shifts to allow, maybe change the text colour to a lighter purple on mouse over?

dwd2000

Reaction score
A contact form is a great idea. I use the script at: http://www.onetforum.com/formmailer/ for my sites after starting to get spam.

Overall, very nice. The only thing I might suggest, is changing the text font to something a little easier to read.