please help installing my own cms

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgupta1982

Reaction score
hi,
I have uploaded a zip file on the server then extract it.

Now whenever I click on the index.php to run installation of cms, it opens up in php editor.

I am not getting way to run the cms/index.php to install the cms on my website. I have triedeverything.

www.researchtimes.pcriot.com is domain. now I have tried www/ojs/.... public_html/ojs/.... but it shows broken link.

Please help...

allofus

Reaction score
Which cms are you installing? each cms has it's own way of installing.

you open the index.php with your browser.

if you installed to

/home/ojs/public_html/ojs/

visit www.researchtimes.pcriot.com/ojs/index.php

if index.php is what the cms creators tell you to open when installing.

If you did not know to go to /js/index.php I think it likely you are new to website development so it might be a good idea for you to use the software installer in your x10hosting cpanel

softaculous / fantastico has a selection of cms and other site software that can be installed to your domain with ease.

Does this help?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
To install, you must browse to where you extracted the CMS with your browser by entering the address, not from inside the File Manager.

gomarc

Reaction score
Hi hgupta1982,

To decompress the file, first go to your cPanel –> Files -> File Manager.
Select the source file and click Extract

73p2mt.jpg

When the Extract window pops, change destination to /public_html

idi3vr.jpg

Then click on Extract Files(s) button.

After a few seconds, you will see the Extraction Results. Close the Results window.

Notice that all your files ended up on a new folder called ojs-2.2.3/

This next step in not mandatory, but I would rename the ojs-2.2.3/ directory to something like cms/ (You can do this by selecting the folder and click Rename in the upper menu)

Now this is important: you need to create a new database before you proceed with the installation.

Go back to your cPanel and use the MySQL Database Wizard

30ng51z.jpg

This wizard has 3 steps where you will create the database name, username/password, and give all privileges to this user. Copy all this information because you will need it during the installation process. Please notice that to the names of the database and user you create, your cpanelUserName plus an underscore gets added as a prefix. So the names to use during installation will be those names with underscore.

Now, open a new window or tab in your browser (Firefox or IE) and go to your home page (http://www.researchtimes.pcriot.com/) and since you do not have an index file (.html or php) you will see the Index of / page.

Click to open ojs-2.2.3/ or cms/ or whatever name you used if you renamed the folder.

And there you go! You will see the installation page. Read it carefully, and complete the database information with the credentials created above. Uncheck the create new database box, since you have already have done that, and the script will not be able to create a new database anyway (it can only be done by cPanel)

Good luck!

Last edited:

hgupta1982

Reaction score
I don't see where you extracted it at all

http://www.researchtimes.pcriot.com/himanshu/

has the tarball,

http://www.researchtimes.pcriot.com/ojs/

just has an empty subdirectory.

what will be the database host ?

I have created the database and got the username,pass and database name.. but what the host? localhost is not working?
Edit:
Hi hgupta1982,

To decompress the file, first go to your cPanel –> Files -> File Manager.
Select the source file and click Extract

73p2mt.jpg

When the Extract window pops, change destination to /public_html

idi3vr.jpg

Then click on Extract Files(s) button.

After a few seconds, you will see the Extraction Results. Close the Results window.

Notice that all your files ended up on a new folder called ojs-2.2.3/

This next step in not mandatory, but I would rename the ojs-2.2.3/ directory to something like cms/ (You can do this by selecting the folder and click Rename in the upper menu)

Now this is important: you need to create a new database before you proceed with the installation.

Go back to your cPanel and use the MySQL Database Wizard

30ng51z.jpg

This wizard has 3 steps where you will create the database name, username/password, and give all privileges to this user. Copy all this information because you will need it during the installation process. Please notice that to the names of the database and user you create, your cpanelUserName plus an underscore gets added as a prefix. So the names to use during installation will be those names with underscore.

Now, open a new window or tab in your browser (Firefox or IE) and go to your home page (http://www.researchtimes.pcriot.com/) and since you do not have an index file (.html or php) you will see the Index of / page.

Click to open ojs-2.2.3/ or cms/ or whatever name you used if you renamed the folder.

And there you go! You will see the installation page. Read it carefully, and complete the database information with the credentials created above. Uncheck the create new database box, since you have already have done that, and the script will not be able to create a new database anyway (it can only be done by cPanel)

Good luck!

Thank you very much. it work now...but installation asked for database host? I creatd the database and got name,pass and username but no database host is given?

plase help

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The database host is localhost, if it's not working, please check you are using the correct username and password for the mysql database, also check that you are connecting to the correct database.

For example, the database username will be yourcpanelname_usernameforsqldatabase and the database name will be yourcpanelusername_databasename.

Please ensure you're using that correctly, let me know if you have any other problems.

Last edited:

hgupta1982

Reaction score
The database host is localhost, if it's not working, please check you are using the correct username and password for the mysql database, also check that you are connecting to the correct database.

For example, the database username will be yourcpanelname_usernameforsqldatabase and the database name will be yourcpanelusername_databasename.

Please ensure you're using that correctly, let me know if you have any other problems.

I do it. but still...
www.researchtimes.pcriot.com/ojs

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Cna you please post your config file here, please ensure to remove the password when posting it so no one has access to your database password. :)

hgupta1982

Reaction score
Cna you please post your config file here, please ensure to remove the password when posting it so no one has access to your database password. :)

i hv copied the config file in word.

Attachments

• config.inc.php.doc
    55 KB · Views: 52

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i can not see anything wrong with your set up, if you don't mind giving me permission i will have a look at it and install it for you on your account, is that okay?

hgupta1982

Reaction score
Hello, i can not see anything wrong with your set up, if you don't mind giving me permission i will have a look at it and install it for you on your account, is that okay?

sure absolutely no problem.

what thing you want and how I give to you?

give your personal email id..as it will contains password.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i have fixed the issue. You did not have the mysql User attached to the database. Therefore it could not connect. It's now resolved. Any more issues you have please let us know.

hgupta1982

Reaction score
Hello, i have fixed the issue. You did not have the mysql User attached to the database. Therefore it could not connect. It's now resolved. Any more issues you have please let us know.

Thank you very much. but can you tell me, what I should do to connect database with user? Also tell me how I can do the email setting option, as the system send an email when the user sign up. please tell.

If possible, plz tell me any way to unzip files on yahoo server also, I know its a bit out of the way question, but it will help me a lot really a lot.

Regards

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry but i do not know how to use the cms itself. You will have to read the documents that came with it to learn how to use it. Sorry.

hgupta1982

Reaction score
I'm sorry but i do not know how to use the cms itself. You will have to read the documents that came with it to learn how to use it. Sorry.

Ok sir. But can you tell me does free x10 hosting support php/perl email facility to send emails. or how I can setup the email?

regards
Edit:

I am not able to upload file through system... it says time out or link broken?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.