please help with addon domain problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenkc83

Reaction score
I want to set up an addon domain like this: blog.mydomain.com, where domain.com is a domain name I own. But when I set it up in addon domain, it failed, saying there was already such domain.

I've not set up any subdomain nor addon domain nor parked domain with this name. On the statistic bar (left hand site on cpanel main page) it also tells me that I have 0 add-on domain, 0 sub domain and also 0 parked domain. So I don't really know where does this come.

What's more, when I try that in subdomain setup, in the drop down menu there IS an option blog.mydomain.com, allowing me to add subdomain to it so that to get something like xxx.blog.mydomain.com. So I guess there must be something with this name but I just don't know where it is and where to delete(or modify) it.

Thanks very much for any help.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
subdomain cannot added in addon domain...
if you want to add addon domain you should buy a new domain such as domain1.com

wenkc83

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

But actually I am not trying to add subdomain to an addon domain. The problem is, there shouldn't be such a domain like blog.mydomain.com, to which it allows me to add subdomain to it.

What I want is just a domain called blog.mydomain.com, it doesn't matter if it's a subdomain or addon domain, since I can change the NS record of blog.mydomain.com in my domain registar to point it here.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
you don`t need any thing at domain registar just point you domain to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com then add subdomain blog.mydomain.com and then add addon domain such as myblog.com and it redirect to blog.mydomain.com

Last edited:

wenkc83

Reaction score
thank you all.

Yes, I might accidently change my main domain to that. But how many "main"domain can one account actually have at the same time? I guess only one?

But when I add a sub domain, there are 2 entries there (in the dropdown menu), one of which is blog.mydomain.com. How can there be 2 entries there at the first place, if one can only have 1 main domain, and when I don't have any addon domain nor parked domain at the moment?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, you can only have one main domain. Although I have noticed that sometimes the entries regarding removed addon/parked domains sometimes is not completely removed in the backend.

So if you at any point have added the owned domain: domain.com it might be in the system still even though you removed it in cpanel.
Also if you have domain.com set as your main domain you will NOT be able to set blog.domain.com as an addon, but should rather use subdomain (you might need to actually create the subdomain at your registrar as well as entering it in cpanel as a subdomain to the domain, not sure if you need that when using x10 name servers, but I know for a fact that you do if you point your domains to x10 using a records)

To get to the bottom with this issue I'd suggest opening a ticked at http://support.x10hosting.com

wenkc83

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion. Have you also ever experienced this where a domain name was deleted and yet still in the backend? How did you resolve the issue then?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have experienced that yes, the only one who can do something about it is the admins, so submitting a ticked would be needed.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
I have experienced that yes, the only one who can do something about it is the admins, so submitting a ticked would be needed.

I agree with that you should submit a ticket. but x10staff are busy they are currently not replying to tickets. i had submit ticket before 36 hours but got no response!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.