Please. I need someone to rete this " Under costruction" Page.

apcristo

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm new in web design, A group of friends ask me about to build a website but I need some directions about the graphic and web design. I made the picture and the little page .

http://www.amigosparacristo.elementfx.com

I appreciate your post.

Thx.
Kelieth Navas

Last edited:

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
It looks nice, but maybe it doesn't load fast enough.
"Para información de click aquí" should be "Para información de contacto click aquí" I guess.

kkenny

Reaction score
Very good site design. Loaded in 1 second for me.
I say maybe try to make the content in the pop up box more appealing/easier to read.

xPlozion

Reaction score
is there any reason to cut the image up and load about 10 different images instead of one? seeing as how they just form one image, and serve no purpose, afaik, it's sorta reduntant... i think that it would load faster if it was one image, as i've seen it piece the image together... :-/

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Yea the first time I opened the browser it loaded pretty much instantly, then I closed it and went back to check something and it took longer. Using a single image seems better to me as well.

modulus

Reaction score
would make it easier, just to set the image as the background, then float a div in the center :)

apcristo

Reaction score
Well, thanks for all the tips. I cuted the image in 8 pieces because i was thinking about te people that have not a high speed connection. For that people is not the same to load a 2 Mb image than 8 images pieces of some kb.
My theory is that if the set of images are little should load faster.

What do you think about that theory?.

In the other hand, I think than Salvatos is right I'´m going to change the Contact Text.

In a short time I'm going to upload the real page. I'm interesting about all the post.

Thank...
Kelieth Navas

xPlozion

Reaction score
meh, i think that theory is kinda bad, because the people with dial up only have one connection, and to load up 8 different images will take longer, as by cutting the image, you are not reducing the image size.

if you are truely concerned about speed for dial-up users, you should consider lowering the quality to the point where you can just begin to notice a significant difference, then up one ;)

for instance... instead of saving the png as a 9, think about lowering it to reduce the overall file size, but maintaining the quality.

also, having the image in tables will increase the overall size of the file, and it will piece it together, starting from the top, so if they've got dialup, it would shift halfway through the page...

Last edited:

GBH187

Reaction score
I dont understand why you have several languages on your site but not english?

I rate it 0, as the front page image is all chopped up and loads very slowly because its chopped up and then its multi-language but does not support english

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Well he doesn't have to support English if he doesn't want to...

bigtree

Reaction score
Very nice looking! I love it!
Edit:
I dont understand why you have several languages on your site but not english?

I rate it 0, as the front page image is all chopped up and loads very slowly because its chopped up and then its multi-language but does not support english

That's mean, dude! He's new to web design, remember?

Last edited:

saneal

Reaction score
It looks great! You could add a nice flash intro. Also, a flash table of contents with some good and useful information about the site. I like your multi language approach. It would be nice to translate the site in different languages.

apcristo

Reaction score
I like all of you comments,GHB187 i'm new in this stuffs, but i think that you are right,But remenber that 1280 x 800 px is not enough space to write in thounsands of languages the same thing. I wrote it in the most popular languages for my region.

By the way, GHB187 why don't you show us one of your works, to learn more about web design?

Thks!!
Kelieth Navas

xmakina

Reaction score
It's image heavy and considering all it says is "Under Construction" that's actually quite annoying. Something to consider is a lot of people use capped internet, that is they can only download 2GB of data a month. A page like yours is pretty damn annoying.

Don't get my wrong, it looks great it's just when you're aware you've only got so much bandwidth a page of images to tell you "nothing here" is just a bad thing.

Also - I'm a strong advocate against flash intro pages and flash in general. It's great when you have an animation/movie but in every other situation use JScript if you simply must have some animation or just avoid it altogether. It's most unnessecary gubbins that most people will "Skip Intro"

XtronG

Reaction score
Looks good,I can't understand it...but it looks good.
Maybe you can make it a little bit more readable,like have more contrast between the words and the rest of the image,I don't know,just a suggestion.

apcristo

Reaction score
Mine loaded instantly too.

The page looks very cool, how did you do it?

Thanks fearghal, i appreciate it. Well ... How did i do it?.
Ok, I made the picture with Pothoshop. using the Spherize filter for the planet. Lens flare for the shine. And a long dark brush to make the shadow of the planet. if you wnat you can add some star brushes to the background.
If you want i can send you the PSD file. Send me a PM with your mail and i will send it.
Now .. i used Shadowbox for the popup box. If you look in google you will find it quickly.