Please review my site

theBruney

Reaction score
Congrats with your first site.

First, remove the welcome pop up. Some folks find those annoying. Then align your login form fields; Remember me? and it's answers should be closer together. The navigation below reminds me of a google ad. Add some padding to <td>s you have there so it can look like it belongs to the site. WELCOME TO ROAD 2 GANGSTER is too close to the the white border. Move it to the right a bit.

Good luck. :)

xPlozion

Reaction score
nb for 1st site. as ^ said, lose the welcome popup. remember me would be better to have a checkbox.

the design could do some work, but that's for a later date ;)

gptsven

Reaction score
you got 1 error and 64 warnings to clear before your site validates for html standards.

<center><t\><i><center>Powered by JAVA (&copy 2009). Game Copyright &copy;2009 Toufail Ahmed.</center></i>

is one.

theres nothing to be reviewed actually, the layout is lazy too.

if you want to develop a decent site, do not work in a table. use divisions <div></div>

also do not use popup box and blinking text.

registration page does not have the same feel as the main page. keep the same colors all over the site.

you have no captcha on the registration page -> not secure.

I was able to register with the username : """
i dont get what the youtube video is doing on the page after you logged in. it doesnt even relate to the content of your website

do not use Iframes. they are unnecessary and very unprofessional/hard for SEO

the site isnt attractive as a game, and its hard to read the menu links ingame page.

theres more but i cant keep going on lol

xPlozion

Reaction score
hey, don't bash the guy. i'm sure without training or knowledge of html and how websites are designed, your first few weren't great looking either. heck, mine was just a black background with blue font xD

before you start talking about errors in the html code, take a look at yours (20 errors, 1 warning at time of post) :p

again, with no or very little knowledge of html, he wouldn't know what div's are or what they are capable of. there are _still_ a lot of big websites out there that have their design in tables. Some prefer it because it's easier. there's no wrong or right way when laying it out (div vs table), as it's PREFERENCE!!! sure having your design in tables can slow down loading times and make it look distorted while loading, but with high speed becoming the norm now-a-day, it's only there for a split second, if you even notice it at all.

some of the stuff you said was valid though...

i'm not a fan of the colors though (green). green on white (links on bottom) make it a bit hard to read.

put your css into a separate file, that way any changes you make to the css will load on all pages using it, not just one like the way you are doing it: http://oubliette.alpha-geek.com/2004/01/18/how_to_load_external_css_stylesheets

being a better php programmer comes with time and effort, although looking at others work could help you make your site more secure by seeing what methods their using and what you may be missing ;)

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Rating: 7/10

Looks great for your first game. I would suggest that you lose the popup, get a FavIcon and work on your template. I would also change the text color of you banner to better suite your template/ colors. Keep up the good work. (If you ever need help or want to help me I am here - feel free to PM me anytime (Goes to everyone))

~!Coldfirezz

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I posted this a minute ago for another site and I think it can be useful to you too.

Free templates are great thing you know. They are made for people like you (who don't have any experience). Also they are a great way of learning web design. Learning it on your own is hard and painful.

gptsven

Reaction score
hey, don't bash the guy. i'm sure without training or knowledge of html and how websites are designed, your first few weren't great looking either. heck, mine was just a black background with blue font xD

when running his website trough that validator it shows,:

156 Errors, 5 warning(s) .

im not bashing him... im just reviewing and being honest.
its strange how my website validates perfectly using the firefox plugins firebug and html validator... tough when running it trough that validator it shows errors :/

Last edited:

Toufail

Reaction score
I would firstly like to thank everbody who reviewed my game, and also as i said before i will try to act upon all the comments given, so that it turns out to be a game with out any fault.

Second thing i would like to mention is i am willing to team up with any of you who has good understanding of the game, and willing to help me, for every part you help development your name will be mentioned as a special thanx and appreciation from me

For more information please contact me via e-mail, or game message or pm in this forum

E-mail: toufailahmed@msn.com
Game : www.road2gangster.pcriot.com -Admin

In Future after all the updates, i will ask you guys for another review.
In the mean time do check how it is going

Thank You
Toufail Ahmed :cool:

Last edited: