Please Review My Site...

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Use

margin:0;
padding:0;

on the body style to avoid white space between edges and your content.

You could also do something about that header. That violet right part is really ... well ... ugly.

That's for the beginning. :biggrin:

xPlozion

Reaction score
yea, at first i was gonna tell lev that it doesn't matter, but seeing the style of the site, i would agree to make the margin and padding of body to 0px to avoid the white space.

also, the popup on right click is useless and is actually a web nuisance.
you could also try looking for a better font for your header image (not logo since it's just words).
another thing is that not everyone has js enabled (or can enable it), so make a non-js friendly version of the site/template.

try to avoid putting the whole site in javascript, and i counted SEVEN (7) different calls to javascript files. that will slow down loading times for those who don't have fast connections.

there's no deformity on the itouch/iphone, other than the flash content not loading.

pstitch

Reaction score
Thanks,
I am using an older CRT monitor and it doesn't show up as violet on it. However when I checked it on an LCD it definetly is purple. Thanks will try to fix that as it is supposed to be "#444420"
As for the white space I didn't notice that but have changed it...somehow I had removed the body code from the style css
That's why I wanted someone else to check it!!
Edit:
to xPlozion.....
Thanks for your comments...
Changing the header font isn't an option as that is the font that the owner uses on all her media.
I will look into making a version with less java script....
again thanks for the comments

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
you can change the flash header to a standard png, since there's no reason it needs to be animated. if it is a must, use a gif instead and don't allow it to replay ;)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Lose the space between header and content (like in the picture below).

And align that main flash box to bin centered.

Last edited: