Please review my site

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First thing that people usually see on any new web site they visit is home page. That's why web designers (like myself) when charging sites per page always charge more for home page. Having that in mind I can't say you did a good job.

Header
First of all your header is far from perfect. Total absents of logo almost instantly made me believe that this is a site of some archaeological research institute or something similar, but not a company. Company name contributed too.
Header graphics contains striped region that's y-repeated, witch looks really bad (tested in FF, Opera). Stripes are in opposite direction then those in background making it a little bit confusing to the eye.

I noticed that you have a header and a kind of subheader (orange graphics below nav menu) and I don't understand why? You can move that to the top and make it be your header cos it's definitely better then current one and you don't need two headers on one page.

Home page content
Now lets get to home page content. It is just chaotic. You used bold, italic, small and big font style without any order or logical meaning. Pictures are scattered all over the page without any order.

The most important thing about home page is that you have to let people know who you are and what you do. Only thing you have is a bunch of small low-quality pictures and text that should be on your banner or just a title on the home page. You need more text.

Links
Small red links with blue hover color on gray background ... I don't think so :nono:

Not design related
One big problem (not design related) is that you don't have "References" or "Our work" page. People need to see some references before they hire somebody.

Overall
Overall I don't think this site will help you increase company reputation, quite opposite.

archjones

Reaction score
Leviathon,
Thank you so much. I appreciate your time spent reviewing my site. I'm such an amateur and am using a template. I will do my best to incorporate your suggestions. I can manipulate the images and text, not sure about headers and such. I wish I could hire a web designer, but I have so little capital at this point.
Best Regards:)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score