Please review my upcoming clan site.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The title really says it all, i have just recently started a new call of duty 4 clan called Soul Crushers, we are in the process of developing our website and are looking for some feedback and suggestions before going on with any more advanced sections of the site.

We are planning on installing a server status and teamspeak status blocks in the future, and i am planning on eventually buying a custom made theme for php-nuke.

But until i can afford all that, this is what it will look like, please let me know any suggestions/improvements/ideas etc..

The link is: http://soulcrushers.x10hosting.com

Kind Regards, HeLLshEEp.

LHVWB

Reaction score
I personally think that the website looks a little bit too dull, but I suppose that it gives it a more authentic Cod4 feel. I would like to point out that I like the flash logo that spins, but maybe you should make it spin more often, for some reason I don't think that it spins enough. ;)

Your site also has many code errors, I know that these will be fixed when you get a custom template but I'll point them out for reference.
12 html errors.
17 css errors.
24 javascript errors found with firebug all saying "this.filters has no properties" and all apparently from line 1.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, i guess i should start using firebug, thanks for your feedback, i will look into fixing those errors myself.

I'll see what i can do with the flash logo, i may be able to make it spin every so many seconds instead of having it spin every time it refreshes the page.

I will let you know if i post updates on my site.

intertec

Reaction score
I would try to make the header but more dark and make it animated. Then the site would be perfect!

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks Intertec, i will look into doing that also, i appreciate the useful feedback, keep it coming guys!

withambition

Reaction score
The layout is nice, but it could use some more color. The banner looks alright, but its placement makes it look like an advertisement or something - especially because the colors don't really fit the current layout. Maybe add some space above and below the banner? I guess the banner isn't that important, but some colors would definitely benefit the overall design. =]

Oranges and blues would go nice with the dark gray.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The layout is nice, but it could use some more color. The banner looks alright, but its placement makes it look like an advertisement or something - especially because the colors don't really fit the current layout. Maybe add some space above and below the banner? I guess the banner isn't that important, but some colors would definitely benefit the overall design. =]

Oranges and blues would go nice with the dark gray.

Thanks for all the helpful tips, now that i am back home i will start working on the site again, i will let you know of anything that i update.

Oranges and blues you think? I will definitely have to try something with those colours.

earnthenspend

Reaction score
That looks pretty good, Its got a nice style to it, Well I am not sure what you intensions are but www.soulcrushers.com is taken so you may not be able to get that. But aside from that I really like the design/layout and just the whole website.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That looks pretty good, Its got a nice style to it, Well I am not sure what you intensions are but www.soulcrushers.com is taken so you may not be able to get that. But aside from that I really like the design/layout and just the whole website.

Thanks for that, also i was looking at getting a .com.au domain, or a .net, either way we will find a good domain for it.

nice but a bit dull in my opinion.. nice try.. :)
Thanks for your opinion, i will try and make it a little more lively for a better experience.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If anyone knows of any free templates that would be a little more lively, and match the site, like clan based gaming or anything, please link me, i would love to go ahead with a better theme.