Please review !!

shaistar

Reaction score
I love it with a few suggestions. Try http://colorschemedesigner.com/ for a different color scheme. Something about that bluish-green and then pale yellow just doesn't sit right. Just a suggestion not criticism. :) Also a basic thing you can do is put a link to your index on your logo for easier navigation. I know it is still in development, but this is outstanding otherwise! :)

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
is it me or does it take an age to load?

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, very, very slow to load.
True sadly.
Took 7.51 seconds on 100 mbps connection...WLAN.
Its taking 0.35 secs per every kb.
You need use css sprites, compress Javascript and compress css too.
Also turn on the cloudflare on your cpanel.It might speed up the site by upto 30% as they say.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Now, call me a weirdo if you want, but I'm the kind of fellow who would sort of like, maybe, just the tiniest hint about what a site might be before I sign up for anything. Sure, you have the word "social" in the URL and the site title -- but what does that mean? What's in it for me? I mean, I can log in with my Facebook account, right, so what the heck does your site do that I'm not already getting from Facebook? (Not that I get a lot from Facebook -- I have an account mostly because the Second Cup coffee chain wants me to have one to use their wifi for free. Call that a hypothetical question, then.) What do your users share here that they wouldn't share elsewhere? Is it a niche community (or does it want to be one)? Can I make connections that would be difficult to make elsewhere (say in the way that Google+ circles offer limited distribution -- I can hang with my friends without it spilling over into my professional life or embarrassing my mother)? I just don't know.

There is some truth to the idea that a social site will become whatever it becomes, but it will also tend to become whatever your guidance/intentions make it. There's no clue to be had up front. The place really needs a sort of "mission statement" and a call to action when a new user (or anyone who isn't logged in) hits it.