Please Review

Steeevoe

Reaction score
Was excellent until I click one of the links on the menu bar and it came up with an error :\

Looks fantastic tbh

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First of all there's no "Home" in your navigation menu.

Second, you don't need flash for the site like that.

That's my first impression.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
He used Flash but that's not necessary cos you can do that wit jQuery or other JavaScript framework.

Steeevoe

Reaction score
Leviathon or let me know about, if you have the time

Please could you make a thread on tutorial about JS menu with possibly dropdown menus on. I have tried adding free ones to my website but the drop down menu goes underneath the rest of my website which is pointless.

Last edited:

Westcoast-Games

Reaction score
You site looks lovely, very sleek.

Absolutely loathe the sfx. I'm a firm believer that media (sfx / music / clips) should be an opt in thing, as in ..I choose to play the music / sfx / vid.

The reasoning I have is simply this: no matter how professional or appropriate the affect is, it's not what I'm visiting the site for. After the novelty runs off sfx & music can become very grating, annoying the user - user leaves, swearing never to return.

I accept my view is not that of everybody, but that's just my 2 pence on the matter.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Leviathon or let me know about, if you have the time

Please could you make a thread on tutorial about JS menu with possibly dropdown menus on. I have tried adding free ones to my website but the drop down menu goes underneath the rest of my website which is pointless.

I don't want to make a tutorial about it cos people did that looong time before :) I'll just tell you where to look.

First try some pure JS and already made solutions.

If it don't work out I recommend using one of the great JS frameworks like jQuery or MooTools.

jQuery

or the same but without jQuery

MooTools

And if nothing work out for you just google "suckerfish dropdowns".
The original Suckerfish Dropdowns article published in A List Apart proved to be a popular way of implementing lightweight, accessible CSS-based dropdown menus that accommodated Internet Explorer by mimicking the :hover pseudo-class.

Well now they're back and they're more accessible, even lighter in weight (just 12 lines of JavaScript), have greater compatibility (they now work in Opera and Safari without a hack in sight) and can have multiple-levels.
Hope you'll find something that works for you.

P.S. If you're not familiar with jQuery or MooTools, then it's time for you to start learning. World is changing and you don't want to be left behind :biggrin:

gazat4

Reaction score
The second design is amazing, how did you make the news scrolling bar?