Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

houseofhal57

Reaction score
come to think about it, it *shouldn't* allow me to change it because it wants the current password which is invalid :) . x10hosting is doing something via cpanel redirect that differs from https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/ which does not like my credentials

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
@Anna my logon credentials are not valid when I try to logon here https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/ The message is "Hmm, login details do not seem to be correct. Please try again". However, when I use x10hosting and then access via cpanel my credentials are accepted
When going through x10hosting, two things should happen:

1) the password you used there should be pushed to the DirectAdmin account and also would update the main FTP account (the one you used in the screenshot). Thus changing in DA would not really make a difference (other then temporary) as it would be changed when you login through SSO page

2) You would be issued a login key tied to your IP which is what is actually logging you into DA in the end.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
For now, you might be best of using the direct login. I have informed the coder about the issue.
So far inactivity suspensions are still off, but since they eventually will be turned on, keep in mind to login on sso at some point, no need to go further for the login to count though.
The admin found what was the likely issue that logins through SSO failed, and if he was right it should now work through that as well. Just don't try more then once if it fails

houseofhal57

Reaction score
When going through x10hosting, two things should happen:

1) the password you used there should be pushed to the DirectAdmin account and also would update the main FTP account (the one you used in the screenshot). Thus changing in DA would not really make a difference (other then temporary) as it would be changed when you login through SSO page

2) You would be issued a login key tied to your IP which is what is actually logging you into DA in the end.

So are you saying I must continue to logon via x10hosting.com ? that would be fine from my perspective provided it works and I do not receive the "Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account." error. I thought you were recommending to logon direct via https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/ which isn't accepting my creentials

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
So are you saying I must continue to logon via x10hosting.com ? that would be fine from my perspective provided it works and I do not receive the "Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account." error. I thought you were recommending to logon direct via https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/ which isn't accepting my creentials
The recommended way is to go through SSO when possible (as that is the only place that counts towards keeping the account active). Direct login is only used if that fails as a means to troubleshoot.
The same credentials should work, provided you are not using the email address for SSO, that page accepts both email address and username, DA only accepts username

houseofhal57

Reaction score
The recommended way is to go through SSO when possible (as that is the only place that counts towards keeping the account active). Direct login is only used if that fails as a means to troubleshoot.
The same credentials should work, provided you are not using the email address for SSO, that page accepts both email address and username, DA only accepts username
If direct logon is only to be used if SSO fails, how can I ftp? The ftp host in my case is https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/ and the site does not accept my credentials

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If the direct login fails, so will ftp with the same, it is an odd one as the password you use for logging into SSO should automatically be pushed to the server, my account is however on x11 but the same login code is used and for my account it works as intended.
I can set you a new DA pass and send you a PM, but as soon as you login through SSO that will (should) reset to what you use there.
DA requires both uppercase, lowercase and numbers in passwords though, would your password follow that requirement? If not that may be why it does not get pushed down

houseofhal57

Reaction score
If the direct login fails, so will ftp with the same, it is an odd one as the password you use for logging into SSO should automatically be pushed to the server, my account is however on x11 but the same login code is used and for my account it works as intended.
I can set you a new DA pass and send you a PM, but as soon as you login through SSO that will (should) reset to what you use there.
DA requires both uppercase, lowercase and numbers in passwords though, would your password follow that requirement? If not that may be why it does not get pushed down
Interesting. My password contains two special characters,! and #. I have numbers, but not upper/lower case. Could that be the reason DA doesn't like it?

No need for you to send me a me DA password, but thank you for offering.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just confirmed, if the SSO login doesnt meet requirements it does not sync. I'll set you a new pass for DA (which you can change once logged in) that will allow you to access ftp as well.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. My password contains two special characters,! and #. Could that be the reason DA doesn't like it? No need for you to send me a me DA password, but thank you for offering.
If the passwords are mismatched, you won't be able to login with ftp (unless you create a separate ftp account in DA)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Those special chars are fine, DA accepted them for my account, but not without at least one uppercase and number as well as lowercase letters

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two options, I either set a new password for DA (that will then also work for FTP), logins to DA will still work through SSO with your current password. End result is you will have two passwords one for SSO and one for FTP.

The other option would be that you change the password for main login to conform with the password requirements of DA. I'm currently testing to see if the ! and # is accepted for pass down from main login, I had - in my original password and that worked fine (so far it appears to not work with those in the password that gets pushed)

houseofhal57

Reaction score
Believe it or not there is no way to change the password on the x10hosting.com site.

Suggestion.... how about we do nothing. If you have my personal email address, perhaps you can just send me an email so I can more readily contact you in the future should a problem arise where I cannot access via SSO from x10hosting cpanel

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I know SSO does not have that function (it was from cpanels end previously so I pointed this out to coder), but before you login there's a link that allows you to reset the password.

You can always send me a PM on here, in general I'm not around this time of day other then weekends (I'm in Europe so it's well past midnight here)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Doing that should at least give you a password that allows you to login on ftp

My testing has revealed that neither ! or # works, but - does, so sticking to numbers and letters may be wise, then we know it will work with pushing to all accounts (will probably reset here on forums as well, just so you are aware)

houseofhal57

Reaction score
Anna, thank you. I tried sending you a PM but rcve an error "You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Anna.". Frankly I have little confidence that changing my password will do more good than harm. I'll leave well enough alone for now.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I did turn that off at some point to not get PMs instead of people posting at the forums where they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.