Points! Points! Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What are some things you would like to beable to do or get with your points? Please give us some suggestions.

-Corey

XColl

Reaction score
Buy stuff for another user, like as a birthday present?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of stuff? :)

-Corey

FeZ.06.925

Reaction score
Maybe extra web hosting space or extra bandwidth of the sort? Like for example: every 100 points give them an extra 10 megs? I'm not saying use that for sure because the numbers might be too big for you or something, but just as an example

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That would mean ALOT of points, which means ALOT of spam LoL

moose

Reaction score
I think you guys should have a candy shop here..

Or maybe we can just have it so you have a graphics team and they make stuff.. sell it for points.. haha.. thats actually a cool idea.. (<- Talking to myself)

If you really want a candy shop, I would like to be a seller.. and same with the Graphics lol

phenetic

Reaction score
People can sell stuff for points, pay for services, people can open up shops (should have a forum for people to open "service shops")

now i know staff will like this: allowance! Every week they are paid a certain amount of points...just a lil bit more for their hard work ;)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Domains are definitely an idea we're leaning towards... the only problem is spam control. :)

-Corey

phenetic

Reaction score
then try and set a certain character limit to how many characters you must type before your points start racking up

n4tec

Reaction score
what do i want?

Domain requests...
More whatever..

One more thing is the Ushop automated...

*4*

If there was an allowance for staff, which member is more active here and there?...

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I think giving a domain away for points is ok but I think 1500 points might be a bit to low to tell you the honest truth, if you want to cut spam out than make it so you have to have 4 or 5000 points. Anyone can spam 1500 points easy. I say make people work for it.

n4tec

Reaction score
make it so you have to have 4

@ Bigguy: i really do not understand the above quotation from your above post. who should have 4 or it is a typo?

*4*

@ Corey/Auvee: Is the Ushop automated now?

X3r0X

Reaction score
Well im new here so I probably cannot vouch for other members but what I would like to see points put towards would be *special* services.

Another member suggested graphics design. Although this wouldnt help me considering that im a professional designer i'd imagine that it would help alot of people when it comes to making a website. Of course, they would have to be hosted here and the ammount of points considerable but still, a good idea yes? :)

Another service could be perhaps the coding of a small script or access to a script database? Members could possibly *pay* for certain scripts that have been coded or made especially for x10 for their own personal use.

And also, domains would be nice aswell :)

Hope you like my suggestions
Chris

repusmod

Reaction score
Well I know a site which uses points and a shop, and with points you can buy themes, themes are around 5000 points, and themes are commercial, not a simple theme, really nice themes, which costs around 200$ in cash, so what is the problem on that site ,it is spamming..Indeed Free Domain is a good idea, but when you start offering something for points, people will start spamming... So think before about that then maybe offfering something for points.

Xempttt

Reaction score
i would have to say domains and like a pass to get to the triv irc. maybe even extra space or sql databases. BTW phenetic. where did u get that user program sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.