Points! Points! Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willmaker

Reaction score
I think a good idea would be to buy extra space and/or bandwidth. A lot of free hosts do this and is very popular.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
With those points, one could be able to use them to do of of the followings....

- maybe 200 points for reseting their bandwidth account
- maybe 200 for a mailform system so that people who uses feeback forms can use this system to rediect the feebacks to their email
- maybe 400 points for a prefix design templated that would be donated to those who create a website template

this are my views :laughing:

Matt

Reaction score
my ideas:

domains for 5000 a year
mysql database for 75 points
ad free for 500 points a month
advertising in the rotator, 5 points a click
ability to lock or delete your own thread, 500 points.

i think we shuld have a marketplace forum, too, where we can sell services for points, like advertising on each others sites, graphics, old domain names we dont want anymore.

that would be pretty good. yu can even set up the marketplace now.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
The prices have to be alot higher I think, and there should be a limit on the amount of things you can buy. What I mean is theres no going out a buying 8 or 9 mysql databases all at once or something.

cky2k1016

Reaction score
yea true..but i really like the domain idea...its great..btw to get points u post more correct..and btw im sure u know but the donation button doesnt work..

Goten X

Reaction score
A limit to get something for your site should be 1, and you should be able to get that same upgrade in about 4-6 weeks, so that your not using it all up anyways. Aren't there a certain quota for most of the things in the shop now? Since there probaly is, there should be a set number on the new items your going to include, like up to 5 domains can be bought by 5 different members, and by the end of th month, the quota should refill. Thats just my comments for now.

|GX

Eagle

Reaction score
maybe the points can be used for

- domain
- removing ads
- cool templates

simmie

Reaction score
i'd have to go for:

- 1 year no ads for 400points
- 1 mySQL database for 150 points every 2 weeks
- 1 year domain name for 5000 points

this seems reasonalbe to me

two4one

Reaction score
this is my way.....,

between 0 - 100 points gifts..such as birthday cards , talking buddies, mini games etc..,

between 100 - 200 points -> static upgrade of hosting (i.e., keeping ads is optional)

between 200 -300 ->Advanced Upgrade

between 300- 500 -> Corporate upgrade

Still member is Super Active and flying on forum like a bee? then
each Top level domain 1000 points

how is this?

edited to add::

100 MB space - > 15 points/month
1GB Bandwidth -> 20 points/month
1 mysql -> 10 points/month (limit to 10 mysqls/member)

one more fitting is member must utilize atleast 20% of his bandwidth per month.this is for not wasting bandwidth for non-traffic sites...

Matthews255

Reaction score
the points are too low. every one would have a corperate package at the end of the month.

two4one

Reaction score
Matthews255 said:
the points are too low. every one would have a corperate package at the end of the month.
if spam and points are in controlled way , i hope they are very hard to reach ..,

for example if each topic gives you 7 points and reply 5 points..

the lower packages can be reached easily being active here but for higher packages (corporate and domains) you have to make 71 - 100 worthy posts/month. i hope its somthing hard....

if you think so , here is another method to get points .. every new topic comes with a poll of range 2- 20 points.., in which readers gives points through poll to starter. and each reply gets 2 points...

two4one

Reaction score
have you catched? , our points are gone!!! does counting started freshly?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ohh ya, I just noticed that :( Wonder why that is?

Goten X

Reaction score
Probaly to give everybody a fair chance at the "points rewards". A nebie here coulnd't possibly keep up with a point count like bigguy.

|GX

Matthews255

Reaction score
hmm, i had 200. I think they might impliment it soon if the admins have reset the points.

n4tec

Reaction score
in the morning the forum was weird and the points are weird....

*4*

XColl

Reaction score
I think selling plans are a bad idea. I mean that no one wants to post for that long. Selling domains is probbly a good idea. 30,000 points IMO. Selling more bandwith or space (25 mb) for 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.