Points! Points! Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Reaction score
Lol I don't want this to turn out just like post4hosting :).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Trivia is still going to happen now that the server problems are FINALLY solved. We will be implementing the point system within the next week. Spammers beware! :)

-Corey

nicholas

Reaction score
There are going to be alot of spammers once it is implemented :eek:nline2lo

Xempttt

Reaction score
ok im good. i think i have enough points.

EDIT: where the hell did all the points go.

nicholas

Reaction score
I would like to recommend that once the points for domain started, post count does not increase(ie no points) for anyone who post at introduction forum to prevent spamming.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I don't think points-for-no-ads is a good idea. The whole idea behind x10hosting is that it's a free service supported by ad revenue. If you can't find a place on your site to incorporate an advertisment, then you should fork over the money to pay.

As for the points-for-a-domain idea, I do like it, but it, like all the ideas requires a fail safe.

I was thinking about how to keep people from spamming, and I realized that that's exactly the reason why we have the 'reputation' feature. Anyone who subscribes to www.antionline.com for example, knows that reputation is key in that community. You can rate posts depending on their content and relavence. If there was a way to implement a post rating system into x10hosting that may be another way to judge a person's contribution to the community. Users would rate posts based on their content, so anything that is blatently spam would be rated poorly.

So, for example, someone with 5000 points but a bad reputation/post rating wouldn't be able to buy a domain because they weren't responsible and submitting useful posts. So instead of relying solely on points, make it a points/reputation combination.

nicholas

Reaction score
Auvee said:
I made that change a week ago I think, Nicholas. I'm not sure why the points increase in that forum though, I'm trying to find a way to exclude it, but it's not going to well. Bah

-Auvee B.

Okay. That means you already have the intention of excluding introduction forum from earning points :grin:

@ The_Magistrate

Based on my past experience with other vbulletin forums, the problem with reputation system is, some forum members will help each other by "I help you up your points and you help me up too" (therefore it is important that once rep points has been up once, it cannot be up again until x number of days or must up x number of members etc) Some even go to the extend of creating additional nicks to post and up reputation points as well as donating points to himself.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
So this is where we're at:
1.) Users able to buy domains with points.
2.) Users being able to purchase advertising with their points.
3.) Users can buy a banner with their points.
4.) Reputation will have something to do with you being able to purchase stuff.
5.) Rules on spam will be very very strict.
6.) Accounts will be checked for using duplicate IPs.

Any other suggestions or comments on these?

-Corey

n4tec

Reaction score
You have forgot about the weekly trivia or it no longer an issue now...

*4*

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That will still happen ;)

-Corey

n4tec

Reaction score
how it be possible when you have reset all the points?

*4*

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing is for sure yet regarding the points, I believe we will be implementing the system tonight and will have answers for you then.

-Corey

n4tec

Reaction score
thanx for the response... I think every one has suggested what the points should be used for? Please close thread..

*4*

Status
Not open for further replies.