Points! Points! Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll close the thread when I feel like it's time. I don't know why you assume everyone has given their input.

-Corey

NewFuture

Reaction score
i think all the ideas are great, i agree with purchasing a domain name with points, great!

moose

Reaction score
Wow.. I was away from the forum about for 5 days and look how much I missed out on.. lol

If you'd be so kind I think it would be cool if there was something so you can design your own ad (but still link and eveyrthing) but just something.. to make it match your website template more :D But.. whatever.. I don't know.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
moose said:
Wow.. I was away from the forum about for 5 days and look how much I missed out on.. lol

If you'd be so kind I think it would be cool if there was something so you can design your own ad (but still link and eveyrthing) but just something.. to make it match your website template more :D But.. whatever.. I don't know.

The ads change so there is no way to do this.

-Corey

Skyline4life

Reaction score
Wow missed a lot, hopefully the store will be up soon :D Papa can use a Domain.

would the domains jsut be .com/.net/.org/.info?

dsfreak

Reaction score
Ok, I saw Corey's post a way back... "Checking for duplicate IPs" Well, I use AOL, so mine changes all the time, so what, when I get on, I will be banned? Also, I HATE the idea that you must post to keep your hosting, as this is the vibe I am getting from this thread! I liked x10, because you don't have to that... Also, my only suggestion is nothing, I have seen so many good sugestions......

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't have to post to keep your hosting at all, these are added things you can get from posting. The duplicate IPs thing is for people making multiple accounts on the forums to give themselves reputation and points. I had a late night at work so I'll hopefully have time to turn the points on and everything tomorrow. For now, I'm heading to bed :)

-Corey

n4tec

Reaction score
@ dsfreak:
Also, I HATE the idea that you must post to keep your hosting

Where did you read that? I have read post by post... I like all the ideas about what the points should be used for...

*4*

Articz

Reaction score
what about if these points could pay for the users ads to be seen on the network?
or points for extra features such as mysqls, emails, or ftps?

just a thought

raine2x

Reaction score
Well I've got to say.The domain idea is not a very good idea,though it would be nice if it happened,it isn't a good idea.First of all,domains cost money(some are quite pricy).Getting a free domain for posting is sort of a bad situation for the staff.They would have to pay for your domain(probably...) just because you post alot.If you do however,decide to implement this feature,I suggest the post count to be a high number.

As for the ad idea,I don't like it much either.We get this awesome service for free,so the least we can do is put up an advertisement.We shouldn't be greedy and take what we can because alot of other places(geocities,tripod etc.) don't offer you that much space and bandwith,as well as PHP,MySQL and etc.

This is only what I think from my perspective because I think people these days want more and more,when others don't even have a quarter of what we get.

Conor

Reaction score
I think the better the prize (ie domain) the more spam you are going to find on the forums.

RagnaParadise

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hmm.... since everyone has problems with bandwidth and space these days, how bout redeeming xMB bandwidth and xMB storage? That's just a suggestion. =P

two4one

Reaction score
RagnaParadise said:
Hmm.... since everyone has problems with bandwidth and space these days, how bout redeeming xMB bandwidth and xMB storage? That's just a suggestion. =P
i don't think so , becz the current x10hosting plans providing morethan enough for individuals or even corporate sites....,

having a domain name ,and increase in mysql DBs are the best to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.