Points! Points! Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I am starting to not like the idea of redeeming points for stuff. Everyone keeps commenting on how long it'll take them to get to x number of points and for some reason this feels more and more like a competition. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I'm not here to win anything; I'm here to help people and support this service because I feel like I should give something back. Points or no points.

Goten X

Reaction score
You reap what you sew.....

You wanted the points for domains, but when it doesn't go your way, its garbage and you don't want it anymore. Well guess what? I do, and I don't think you should focus on the points so much, but remember this is a forum, a place to talk, not get a domain.

BTW this is not aimed at you ademonicbaby. :laughing:

|GX

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Goten X said:
remember this is a forum, a place to talk, not get a domain.

I completely agree with you. I posted earlier in this thread that a reputation system should be installed as well as the point system. This would help to keep the quality of posts high and help keep this community one that people turn to for helpful advice; not one where people can get hosting and a domain for free.

oab

Reaction score
Hey, how about you dont tell users how much stuff costs, and when they have enough points for stuff pm them or something, but now that i think about it this wont really work since users will tell eachother how many points things cost.. hmmmm

also, i think removing ads, and adding bandwidth, storage, and mysql are bad ideas, because like some1 said the server does not hold an infinite ammount of stuff.

I do, however, think that making it so users can open there own shops is a very good idea, so many possibilities!

P.S. The people that want this thread closed are completed F****** *******'S!, The whole point of a forum is to share your ideas/thought's. How would closing this topic benefit this site whatsoever!?!?

oab

Reaction score
oh yea and arent you already monitoring the ip's so people cant create multiple accounts?

n4tec

Reaction score
here are my suggestions for the point! points! points!..

1. Free Domain
2. Change Custom Title
3. Glowing or Colored or Bold or Italicized Username
4. Sticky Thread
5. Renew Bandwidth
6. Change UserName
7. Advert Campaigns

that should be it!!!

*4*

NewFuture

Reaction score
nforchange said:
here are my suggestions for the point! points! points!..

1. Free Domain
2. Change Custom Title
3. Glowing or Colored or Bold or Italicized Username
4. Sticky Thread
5. Renew Bandwidth
6. Change UserName
7. Advert Campaigns

that should be it!!!

*4*

ye i fink these ideas are great, hope admins agree too

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We are putting rewards in for points to help motivate people to help each other more, we're not putting them in so people will post to try to get them but as a reward for being active and helping out.

The_Magistrate: We will be using your idea for reputation somehow :)

-Corey

n4tec

Reaction score
there are just simple suggestions nothing big anyway... I am 100 % sure 1,2,3,4,6,7 will work but 5 is tricky bcoz of something... let the admin or mod contact me and i inform them how it would work...

i have just remembered that no 8 is missing..

8. Bank

*4*

Origin

Reaction score
I agree.

Why do we need to renew bandwidth when we're already offered so much?

Goten X

Reaction score
Origin said:
I agree.

Heh, true. I know I just started to get visitors to my site just recently, but I've had Corporate for about 2 months, and i have barely broken 3 GB of my bandwidth....
And the rep points thing..... I'm all for it. Only problem is certain people will get points from other certain people.... I've been here at least 2-3 months myself, and I've gotten 1 rep point thus far, and I've helped out tons of people while doing without the "Like this post? Give me a rep point!" or " I'll Help you and you'll give me a rep point". This is still a great idea, though.

|GX

oab

Reaction score
When are we going to get points for our previous posts? or are we?

Xempttt

Reaction score
if they did give us back our points from before i could get a domain right now probably. lol.

n4tec

Reaction score
Origin said:
I agree.

There are cases where the bandwidth could get finished before the end of the month... So what would you do if you bandwidth got finished in the middle of the month and you have two options either lose your visitor or renew it?

ShadowStriker said:

there is no big deal in that...

*4*

oab

Reaction score
Corey said:
I will be doing something for the people who have been posting so they don't lose all their points.

-Corey

hmmm i wonder what/when?

Status
Not open for further replies.