POP3 Configuration help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagao

Reaction score
Hello guys, I know this is a member-to-member support forum. I'm ok with it. Maybe one of the members or staff can help me. It's just that the forum works much better and waaaaaaay faster than the support ticket thing.

I can't send emails on my Thunderbird-like program. I can receive them without a problem, but I can't send any email at all.
I believe it's a configuration problem. I have mail.mywebsite.com as my in and out server. I have myemail+mywebsite.com as my username. The smtp door is 25 and pop3 is 110.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Edit:
Just because I said the help via forum was better than the one via support ticket, I got nothing here! lmao Jesus!

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
some ISP block the use of port 25 for other then their own mailserver (I know at least one in sweden that does). This is typically done for the prupose of stoping spam from within their net.

Could also be your firewall blocking port 25

I'd start with checking with ISP first before investigating further

Last edited:

pagao

Reaction score
Hey Anna, thanks for the help.

I don't think the port 25 is the problem, once I'm using it freely for another email account. The AOL account sends and receives email easily.

Any other sugestions?

Thanks, I appreciate your help. =)

Jackie

te.creative

Reaction score
how long have you had this problem? i am also unable to send mail, but only since friday afternoon. i was able to send and receive just fine before that. now, i can only receive, but not send, from my mail client.

zen-r

Reaction score
pagao, was this working before & just stopped recently? Or have you only just set it up?

You say "I have mail.mywebsite.com as my in and out server. I have myemail+mywebsite.com as my username".

This doesn't sound right. For me it is "pop.my-servers-address" for in, & "mail.my-servers-address" for out. These vary between companies though, & may for example also be "pop.mail.my-servers-address" & "smtp.mail.my-servers-address". If you are talking about x10 email, I'm afraid I don't use it so don't know the settings.

I don't know if your username is right, these vary a lot also. Make sure your password is right!

Assuming the above are correct, I've found most problems like this are due to incorrect settings in one of these boxes;

1) "my server requires authentication"
2) "log on using secure password authentication"
3) "this server requires a secure connection (SSL)"
(or whatever your own email program uses to describe these settings)

Try changing the settings in these boxes, through the various permutations possible - usually it requires 1) to be selected, & 2) & 3) to be de-selected.

Of course, the easiest thing is just to get the right settings from your email providers' website, or contact their customer support!

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(bottom corner of this post) & make me :biggrin: -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback.Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.