Premium Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kid5242

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so I will put it here.

I have a few questions about the premium hosting packages, and tried to contact x10 via email, which has not been replied to. I opened a support ticket, which also has not been replied to, so now I am posting here to see if I get a response.

The ticket in question is #24410.

I would also like to mention that my support ticket #23969 regarding an issue with my free hosting account has not had a response since 03/09.

kid5242

Reaction score
Really hoping for a reply to this, I'd like to stay with x10 hosting but don't feel that confident given the current situation and lack of response from support staff.

logansryche

Reaction score
X10 support staff is tied currently following moving to new servers.
Me, BlueJay, probly you and hundreds others are probly having the same issue.
What's your premium question? You didn't state it.

kid5242

Reaction score
That is understandable, I myself have experienced problems with the server move and am waiting for a reply to my ticket that was opened on 02/09, and I accept that it will take time to sort everything. However when emails sent to their premium support address are not answered, it seems slightly worrying that perhaps existing or new premium customers seem to have suffered from the team being busy with free users, which does not seem fair.

Being a free user, I do not believe I am owed anything by x10, and am grateful that they provide any support at all. But in my mind premium users and potential paying customers should be entitled to priority support.

As for the questions I have about the hosting, they are as follows

1. Is the premium hosting more reliable than the free hosting for things
like downtime?

2. I am looking to get the SSL certificate which is provided as part of the
2/3 year plans, could you confirm what validation level it is please?

3. Could you confirm whether your hosting is suitable for an online shop?
Roughly how many simultaneous visitors would I be allowed before needing to
upgrade from your infinity plan? I realise this is based on the software
used - OpenCart in my case, but a rough figure will be fine.

logansryche

Reaction score
Yep completely understandable. I'm thinking their pulling all their resources and staff to fix the migration problems as free domains are still pointing to the old servers and if you have cpanel access, it can be corrected manualy.

I'm not part of the X10 staff but all I can do is sit and attempt to help people.
As to your questioning.

1. Premium hosting is stated to be 99% uptime as all premium accounts are on a different server(unless you want to go vps, and
then you have your own).

2. Not seeing anything about a SSL level so hopefully an admin will chime in shortly.

3. I use to run a bitcoin operated sports card shop on the free account and had no issues. The shop I ran used opencart and it's
pretty nifty software for being free.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

kid5242

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but as you can see the questions ideally need to be answered by a staff member or existing premium member who already has the products I am asking about.

phoenix2010

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but as you can see the questions ideally need to be answered by a staff member or existing premium member who already has the products I am asking about.
keep asking the questions buddy someone will come along sooner or later and give you a propper answer, sorry i cant help

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That is understandable, I myself have experienced problems with the server move and am waiting for a reply to my ticket that was opened on 02/09, and I accept that it will take time to sort everything. However when emails sent to their premium support address are not answered, it seems slightly worrying that perhaps existing or new premium customers seem to have suffered from the team being busy with free users, which does not seem fair.

Being a free user, I do not believe I am owed anything by x10, and am grateful that they provide any support at all. But in my mind premium users and potential paying customers should be entitled to priority support.

As for the questions I have about the hosting, they are as follows

1. Is the premium hosting more reliable than the free hosting for things
like downtime?

2. I am looking to get the SSL certificate which is provided as part of the
2/3 year plans, could you confirm what validation level it is please?

3. Could you confirm whether your hosting is suitable for an online shop?
Roughly how many simultaneous visitors would I be allowed before needing to
upgrade from your infinity plan? I realise this is based on the software
used - OpenCart in my case, but a rough figure will be fine.

One quick thing, free hosting support staff has very little to do with premium hosting support (there's a few that does a bit of both though). Premium hosting does have its own support system.

And yes, the premium hosting is more stable, as stated there's a 99.9% SLA uptime guarantee, although unforeseen things can cause downtime on premium too, they are not as prone to being abused as the free servers are which generates them to be more stable, also there's significantly fewer accounts on each premium server.

The SSL provided is a "full" one, valid for 1 domain, which you get to chose (note that in this case www.domain.com and domain.com is treated as different domains), I don't work with the premium part of x10Hosting so not sure who actually issues them though.

I do know there's several users that have online shops on our premium hosting plans, some fairly large as well, but I can unfortunately not give you any number for the simultaneous visitors that you would be allowed, or rather, that the site would be capable of holding. I'd rather not guess on that.

ADDED: You can also contact the folks working with the premium hosting by using this contact form: http://x10premium.com/contact

Last edited:

kid5242

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Thank you for your response, in fact that contact form was my first try at contacting the premium support staff, I tried on two if not three separate occasions, on each one I immediately got an email back in my spam box stating that the email delivery had failed, so I tried contacting the premium support team through their email address directly, no response to that.

This is why I am worried about commiting to the premium hosting, if their support system doesn't even work for new customers, it doesn't provide much confidence as to how existing ones will be treated, and I certainly don't think many people would have noticed the contact form emails were rejected and bothered to contact their address directly.

I appreciate your answers and they are somewhat useful, however I don't feel the SSL one has been fully answered.

Is the SSL just the basic certificate that only provides the "https" part, or does it include the extended validation?

Is it provided for the full time the hosting is valid for, including when the hosting is renewed?

I appreciate all the responses I have received so far, thanks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try to direct an admin that can answer to your questions on SSL a bit better then I can, as well as point out that there may be an error with the contact form script on the site.

As long as you renew with a plan that includes the SSL (in other words renew for a minimum of 2 years each time, which would be default if you order the 2 year plan) the SSL would be valid as long as you use our hosting. The certificate itself would need renewal periodically though but it would still be included in the price.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
Hello, I'm one of the Premium Support staff (as well as Free Hosting). For SSL certificates, they extend across all services (e.g. IRC, HTTPS, etc.).

Also, Anna was correct about the renewal, we automatically renew your certificate (unless you request otherwise).

kid5242

Reaction score
Hello, I'm one of the Premium Support staff (as well as Free Hosting). For SSL certificates, they extend across all services (e.g. IRC, HTTPS, etc.).

Also, Anna was correct about the renewal, we automatically renew your certificate (unless you request otherwise).

Thanks, could you confirm whether the certificate includes extended validation, or in simple terms the green bar in IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.