Primary domain changed - Apache is working

Status
Not open for further replies.

pthalmann

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have changed primary domain from ostwestclub.x10hosting.com to ostwest.eu.org in account information, but the only thing I can see is "Great success Apache is working". I would like ostwest.eu.org to become my primary domain.

Before , i tried to add the domain ostwest.eu.org in cpanel/parked domain for redirect but it is saying that the domain is already configured. When I check there is nothing that is there under configured domains. Can anyone please help me? Thank You in advance.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you pointed the domain to the x10 Nameservers? If not, they are listed below:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Try doing that if it isn't already done and let me know how it goes.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you get any information on whether when you change the primary dns, it would take a little while to take effect? I'm not 100% sure, but i would presume that it might take a little while for the domain to refresh and actually start working?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It might be possibly related to DNS issues with ns1.x10hosting.com I know a few people are still having problems when connecting through that nameserver, might be best to wait for an admin/account manager so they can look up the account info.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I have set it as your main domain

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You may have to clear your temp files, clear your cache, etc... to see it now.

pthalmann

Reaction score
even after doing all this the only thing we see is the "apche welcome site" like before. Accessing the site with another computer has the same result.

what shall we do ?
Edit:
Corey, if you can manage somehow to replace www.ostwestclub.x10hosting.com with www.ostwest.eu.org, fine. Otherwise we will stick with redirecting ww.ostwest.eu.org to www.ostwestclub.x10hosting.com, as it is now.

Best, Peter

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you park ostwest.eu.org on your account now? I swear I changed ostwest.eu.org to your root domain yesterday; Did you change anything with your account panel?

pthalmann

Reaction score
I do not want to drive you mad ..., yes, i have done changes because it didn't work yesterday. I just got the apache welcome page. now the root domain is the same as before and the eu.org is parked. this is the only working configuration for now, so we keep it until we do not find a better way.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it worked when I switched it yesterday, you probably just needed to clear your temp files and flush your DNS. I can switch it again for you if want. If you're happy with the current config we can also leave it like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.